+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Suspension

VXRed blooded

Got a mate selling some sri shocks if your interested? PM matty2fatty on vectra-c
    Vectra VXR estate 07

VXRed blooded

I'm on factory 19's with 235/35/19, standard IDS2 shocks with H&R springs, and it's terrible. Bang, crash, wallop is the order of the day everywhere you go it seems. I think I'm going to run 245/35/19 on the front next time which may help a little. I do keep the fronts at 42PSI so try and protect the rims against cracking.

If it was a track car I'd run 18's to offer kerb protection, but I do love the look of the standard 19's.

Quote Originally Posted by v6Tim View Post
    I'm on factory 19's with 235/35/19, standard IDS2 shocks with H&R springs, and it's terrible. Bang, crash, wallop is the order of the day everywhere you go it seems. I think I'm going to run 245/35/19 on the front next time which may help a little. I do keep the fronts at 42PSI so try and protect the rims against cracking.

If it was a track car I'd run 18's to offer kerb protection, but I do love the look of the standard 19's.
    Same mate, was thinking about a different tyre. i think on my 18's i ran 245/40/18 which helped alot. im currently on Ronals. i had to get one welded the other week as it was terrible. ive got my O/S/R leaking now but cant find where. just have to kepp putting air in everyday now. literally just took some Zinger Mania 19's in for a full refurb. these i heard where great but i fear the tyres do have a lot to answer for.

Im running IDS shocks too, look ok for the time being but once they go ill put some B8's on. Running Eibach pros all round and find the ride to be 'tolerable'
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Are you VXR enough?

You'll probably find it's leaking air from all round the bead on the inside of the tyre if there's no actual puncture. Mine did the same and it was down to corrosion. A refurb fixes it but I just sacked off the Ronals after getting welds done and finding more cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikez1 View Post
    You'll probably find it's leaking air from all round the bead on the inside of the tyre if there's no actual puncture. Mine did the same and it was down to corrosion. A refurb fixes it but I just sacked off the Ronals after getting welds done and finding more cracks.
    Thats the plan mate, as much as i like the look i cant afford to keep getting them done. new ones hopefully done next tuesday.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

42 PSi is the REQUIRED pressure on the front Tim for the 19" wheels... (235 x 35 x 19) - 42 PSi both front - 38 PSi both rear - With load 45 front - 51 rear (Saloon/Hatch)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3