+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suspension

Has anyone ever fitted SRI suspension with Genuine VXR springs? seems a bit backward I know but way cheaper and in plentiful supply.

VXRed blooded

How can you fit Vxr springs if you are already fitting sri springs?
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Sorry, I'll clarify. SRI shock absorbers then retrofit the VXR springs on the SRI shock absorber.

shocks wont fit i dont think.

ive just had a wheel welded and i cracked my OSR one yesterday. these roads are horrendous and i admit the drive isnt what i remember, you are always on the look out for holes in the roads. this new pothole that the wheel found sprang up over night. there was nothing i could do to avoid it.

im currently on 19" Ronals but these are getting swapped for Zinger Manias once ive refurbed them and put 235/40/19 tyres on instead of 235/35/19.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Really? do the police spec cars run on IDS suspension as well?

Mate im not 100% sure. Police spec probably run the SRI shocks, however the VXR springs are lower than standard i believe. even if you do fit SRI shocks you'll have to disable IDS on the system.

I guess there's only one way to know for sure and thats to fit them mate.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Default Suspension

The Sri shocks should fit as it’s the same knuckle and top mount, you’ll probably have to check ecat for which ones as the weight off the lump.
    For the springs, sport for vxr and Sri which are lower than standard ,think the main difference is the weight ie 2.0ltr lump to 2.8ltr lump, so different rating.
    Don’t think 🐷’s run on ids as I had an ex 🐷 ecu and sport button wasn’t on, so would presume standard shocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jon1796; 28th March 2018 at 08:00 AM.

VXRed blooded

Like this idea, I’ve got 2 wings to go on mine from an sri. I might keep the badges on then we can start an sri retro fitting trend amongst vectra Vxr owners
    Vectra VXR estate 07

lol, It’s all the same well most of it ��

VXRed

I'm not sure that SRi dampers would be suitable for the front of a VXR due to the weight issue as has already been pointed out.

Not all 2.8 Vectras had IDS. The parts catalogues show that GM produced a wide variety of dampers, for "standard chassis", "sports chassis", "lowered sports chassis" and VXR/OPC. The front dampers also vary depending on engine size, implying that the extra weight of the V6 is an issue.

The options for the rear dampers are similar, but there is no distinguishing between engine sizes.

Perhaps the items for "lowered sports chassis" might be a suitable alternative to IDS, but it looks a bit hit and miss and aftermarket options are no doubt more reasonably priced.

I hope soon to experiment with running my SRi with the 19" wheels off my VXR to pinpoint to what extent they and/or the dampers influence the ride quality of the VXR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast