+ Reply to Thread

Default help with fitting RARB

will be fitting my DNA RARB soon and i'm planning to drive up ramps (wheels on the ground).

however when i remove the shock lower bolt (marked 3 in the image below) will the shock become totally dislodged.

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall...rsa-d-1283.jpg

will i have to use a jack and support the bottom part beneath the shocks?

thanks
    MY13 ARDEN BLUE CORSA OPC IN MY GARAGE

From memory the shocks are held in the bracket at the top of the shock (where bolts 1 and 2 are).

Whenever I've done it (wheels off bear in mind), I've supported the beam on the bottom of the spring cup, undone bolt 3, and then released some tension from the jack to allow the beam to drop slightly. You may be able to support the car on that side instead using the jacking sill?
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

but will the bottom part (under the shock) become undone from the shock?

VXRed

From what I remember when getting the DNA rarb fitting to my car that bolt you're talking about needs to be slightly longer as you don't have enough thread when you add the rarb. Maybe something to bear in mind as they didn't supply me with longer bolts so had to buy some.

they did supply me with bolts

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by balz View Post
    will be fitting my DNA RARB soon and i'm planning to drive up ramps (wheels on the ground).

however when i remove the shock lower bolt (marked 3 in the image below) will the shock become totally dislodged.

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall...rsa-d-1283.jpg

will i have to use a jack and support the bottom part beneath the shocks?

thanks
    I know what you mean; you're hoping to drive up on ramps, remove the bottom shock bolt and hope that the shock stays in place while you put the bracket on?

If so then no.

If you undo the bolt the rear shock will start to expand downwards/the rear beam will move up moving it out of line with the bolt holes.

Thats even if you were able to undo it - usually as the bolt holding the shock to the beam is under the weight of the car you will find it hard to undo it/won't be able to withdraw it or will possibly shear the head.

You will need to jack the rear of the car up and put it on axle stands under the sill (or similar) so you can then lower the rear beam, release the tension and undo the bolt. If the shock moves out of place you can then jack up under the rear beam to get the holes back into alignment.

Basically follow the guide for fitting rear lowering springs and it'll make sense.

Rear wheels can stay on doing all off this too.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Perfect thanks. Exactly what I was after!

VXR enough

No worries
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

+ Reply to Thread