+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheel spacers ?

VXRed blooded

Default Wheel spacers ?

Hello...just wondering what spacer width best suits when not using VXR wheels....tried my 18's from my other insignia and they foul the side of the calipers

VXRed blooded

My winter set is 18", but I guess the guy that bought it first place did check for clearance as it does not touch.

Guess that you'll need to go for 15mm minimum as otherwise you'll need longer studs. and it is easier to use double-nuts (not sure the exact wording in english here...)

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by genman View Post
    Hello...just wondering what spacer width best suits when not using VXR wheels....tried my 18's from my other insignia and they foul the side of the calipers
    I had the same case, original Insignia diesel 18" wheels from my previous car. I bought 5 mm spacers as some websites suggested to avoid adding screws. It was not enough for a couple of mm. I guess 7 or 8 would do. 10 are definitely enough for original non Vxr Insignia wheels. But then original screws would be too short and you need to add screws. So at the end I bought original Opc winter wheels with 235/45/18 tyres. Handles great on the snow.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Bardo
    Insignia ST OPC Unlimited

VXRed blooded

thanks for the info.... short term i tried 10mm but not enough threads holdong the nuts on.... looks like the offset needs to be 35mm or so with 18s.....selling my diesel soon so I'll be buying a vxr specific set of wheels for next winter

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by genman View Post
    thanks for the info.... short term i tried 10mm but not enough threads holdong the nuts on.... looks like the offset needs to be 35mm or so with 18s.....selling my diesel soon so I'll be buying a vxr specific set of wheels for next winter
    Exactly what I meant. Threads (I wrote screws) are 2 short and you need to buy spacers with add-on threads. Specific wheels are the best option. Originals I have don't look nice but they are relatively cheap and the car behaves as it should on the snow. I was thinking of buying 19" BBS wheels with tyres 245/40/19. That would look much better but for me good handling in the snow, on the ice etc was a priority. We had plenty last winter.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Bardo
    Insignia ST OPC Unlimited

+ Reply to Thread