+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Wheel speed sensor fault - C0035 (06)

Ok guys, First time this has raised it's ugly head. Driving home from work on friday night and out of the blue the 3 lights on the dash illuminated, abs, t/c and suspension. Got home and put it on the old diagnostic unit and it came up with the following...

C0035 - Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Low Voltage
    (06) - Present

Didn't have time to do anything as it was late and dark. Went out yesterday and switched the car on and the lights had gone out but the car was beeping? The beeping seemed to come from the dash area. Anyway it stopped and everything looked fine. Went out later on and during the journey the lights came back on and this time the speedo stopped working. Parked up, done some shopping and when I got back into the car once again no lights and the speedo was working. But driving home lights came back on again. I have gone out today and pulled all the plugs in the wheel arch apart and cleaned all contacts. Everything now back together but I have decided to disconnect the battery to see if resettng the ecu does anything before testing?

Just for info, I had both front hubs replaced about a year ago with genuine vx ones

Any support/advice welcome

Check the loom and connections in the wheel arches
    Speed sensor is the hub
    NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
    INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by nick150 View Post
    Check the loom and connections in the wheel arches
    Speed sensor is the hub

Cheers Nick but I've already done all that as in my post above. I know the speed sensor is in the hub that is the reason I stated I had both hubs replaced about a year ago and wouldn't have thought they would have become defective in such a short time?

Have a look at the sensor, remove it from the hub and check it has not been chewed up.
    On the Astra J the metal cover behind the magnetic ring breaks up then attaches to the ring.
    It may not be the same.

Did V fit them or you if V did Iíd take it back to them ,itís a pain that you have to replace whole unit just for the sensor.
    It wouldnít be the first time a new part failed way before it should they donít make things to last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Did V fit them or you if V did Iíd take it back to them ,itís a pain that you have to replace whole unit just for the sensor.
    It wouldnít be the first time a new part failed way before it should they donít make things to last.

Yeah, VX did fit them but I supplied them. I'm gonna buy a cheapie from the bay and see if plugging it in will put the lights out. The car shouldn't need to move for it to recognise if the sensor is working?

Your lucky ares wonít touch anything you havenít payed for from them.
    Just donít get one to cheap cos there just as bad after a few months. Had that!!
    It shouldnít but (have you oc or t2 do live reading) youíll have to move it to make sure. Where are you might have one to test.

Are you VXR enough?

Your lucky ares wonít touch anything you havenít payed for from them.
    Just donít get one to cheap cos there just as bad after a few months. Had that!!
    It shouldnít but (have you oc or t2 do live reading) youíll have to move it to make sure. Where are you might have one to test.

Only gonna get a cheap one to test not fit. If it doesn't solve the problem then it's not too much down the drain. Up in Bonnie scotland, Arbroath

Havenít been up that way for awhile !!
    Bit off a trip from Norfolk.
    Did you have a chance to check wiring as sir nick said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

Havenít been up that way for awhile !!
    Bit off a trip from Norfolk.
    Did you have a chance to check wiring as sir nick said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Checking the wires etc was my first port of call, I did say that in my initial post. I try to do all the fault finding myself before I cry for help on the forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast