+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Advice on zafira a gsi 2005 please

Hi all. I have a Zafira 2.0T GSI one of the latest a models. Obviously its the Z20LET engine. About a week ago i noticed a slight noise upon first starting when cold and this noise then goes when the car starts getting warmed up. Just wanted to know do the Turbos sometimes make a noise when cold? The car never used to make any noise at all,I just hope that the turbo isnt on its way out. Although the car pulls and boosts very well. Any Z20LET pros out there whom maybe can source this problem. Car has covered 82k probably on original turbo,although it has been very well looked after with FSH etc.

What sort of noise is it making? And where in the engine bay is it coming from?
    VXR Stage 2 • Courtenay Sport Map 292bhp - 337 lbft
    Courtenay Ko4 • Courtenay Tophat • Scorpion Exhaust
    200 Cell Cat • AEM Filter • Luk Clutch • Luk DMF & Cover
    Forge Recirc • 18” TD Pro 1.2 • Eibach Springs

Is it like a loud exhaust blow, goes after a minute or 2? If so I would say it’s the manifold blowing where it meets the head. Needs removing with new gasket and studs and nuts. You may find that a stud is snapped and will require drilling out and a helicoil inserting so new stud can go in.

VXRed

I will try to source exactly were the noise is. The noise did start morning after i drove upto Newcastle and back. Wont say exactly how fast i was going but i was in a rush so the manifold could make sense as it would have got hot!. Il take a closer look in the morning, thanks so much lads. If it was the turbo what symptoms would it have when cold?

VXRed

noise was indeed the 4 studs. 2 were loose!. Tightened them up best i could and noise has gone!. Car just sailed through its mot...excellent.

+ Reply to Thread