+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Looking to buy a corsa vxr

I owned an astra vxr about a year ago for 3 years and loved it then sold it as things were getting tight with work etc.. now back in a better place but this time looking to get a corsa vxr. Just after some advice on what to get. Been looking at the burg edition in the chilli orange there is a few for sale on eBay. What problems do they have ? Anyone think it’s a bad move to buy a corsa and not a burg astra budget is about 8k thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think the Corsa is a far better looking car, inside and out. More reliable and better colours available. Repair costs are also lower.
    Main things with the corsa are:
    Piston 4 - just check compression if poss, or lumpy idle, loss of power etc
    Gearbox - gear stick movement on acceleration, noises when turning, crunching, whining
    Radiators - can develop leaks
    Aircon pipes - can break
    Coil packs
    MAF sensor
    Just the usual other stuff when buying a car really, check panels for repairs, joints and steering for play / noises, head gasket etc.
    If it's been modded, engine wise, just check what's been done or removed and who carried out the work.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

VXR enough

I have 2 Corsas but have had an Astra in the past.

Without getting the forum rulers out;
    - Realistically both cars have problems and there are plenty of nails about in both examples.
    - Corsa looks slightly newer but better?? Debatable...as Astra looks more aggressive and feels the more adult car. Its really personal preference...both are old models now.
    - Repair costs are moot if you can do work yourself, if not you're are the mercy of whatever garage you use and what they find "easy".

You'll get a decent example of either for your budget.

Just pick the one you like the most!
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    I have 2 Corsas but have had an Astra in the past.

Without getting the forum rulers out;
    - Realistically both cars have problems and there are plenty of nails about in both examples.
    - Corsa looks slightly newer but better?? Debatable...as Astra looks more aggressive and feels the more adult car. Its really personal preference...both are old models now.
    - Repair costs are moot if you can do work yourself, if not you're are the mercy of whatever garage you use and what they find "easy".

You'll get a decent example of either for your budget.

Just pick the one you like the most!
    yh agreed

both cars have pros and cons like any out there really just dont rush into it think thats y some people get shot in the foot.

Check the car thoroughly and then your down to the things like corsa has a much up to date interior but the astra is much faster. astra is a bit bigger.

Take them both for a test drive and see which you feel more comfortable in

Good luck mate

A Burg edition is well worth it over a standard VXR.....imo

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    A Burg edition is well worth it over a standard VXR.....imo
    +1 or an artic edition wud be a close second imo
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

VXRed

Bought a chilllli orange burg with all the added extras. Currently only got a cobra cat back exhaust system. What would you recommend in terms of induction. Looking at k and n panel filters then Timing belt is booked in for next week. Only got 48000 miles on. Lovely car next question is how do I find out what number burg it is thanks

VXR enough

Panel filter will do next to nothing for performance or sound...i'd stick with a standard paper filter (cheaper, filters better) or go open cone if you want noise TBH

VXRed

Next question is one headlight went out tonight obviously jusy when a have bought the car cannot be helped. But it has auto lights. Is it the same changing the bulb as normal?

VXR enough

Yes, and bumper off to change.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast