+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Cone or panel filter

Got a burg 2012 facelift corsa vxr already got an exhaust system wondered what was better for the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER147 View Post
    Got a burg 2012 facelift corsa vxr already got an exhaust system wondered what was better for the car.

A matter of personal preference to be honest, cones are a lot noisier than filters is all, give you the whoosing noise and the 'dump valve' sort of sound. It's a love or hate thing.

Some people will say you get heat soak with a cone but that's irrelevant on a turbo car really.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

^ What Bruce said ^

I swapped my standard filter for a K&N panel, then swapped that out for an AEM cone filter.. personally I prefer the cone..
    I've still got the K&N panel- practically new and am willing to let it go for cheap if you're interested!

I've got a pipercross cone on and I quite like it, although I could quite easily understand why people don't!

Each to their own
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    I've got a pipercross cone on and I quite like it, although I could quite easily understand why people don't!

Each to their own
    I thought about the pipercross before but was too loud for my liking.. the AEM was a nice compromise.. still get the woosh sound but just not as loud.. it's made of a longer lasting material too, not the foam stuff you find on most others

Quote Originally Posted by baillie89 View Post
    I thought about the pipercross before but was too loud for my liking.. the AEM was a nice compromise.. still get the woosh sound but just not as loud.. it's made of a longer lasting material too, not the foam stuff you find on most others
    Yeah I've got the AEM saved in my favourites as my next go to haha, most people seem to really rate them!

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER147 View Post

Whats better for the car is standard paper, as it filters better!

Its also better for your pocket as standard filters are about third/quarter of the price of aftermarket - contrary to advertising from the likes of K&N aftermarket filters don't "last a lifetime" so the "i only need to buy/replace it once" argument goes out the window pretty quickly tbh.

Really the only thing aftermarket filters are good for is adding noise, and you'd only get that from a cone filter.

If you're not concerned about noise you'd be better putting your money into your fuel bill instead of wasting it on overpriced rubbish from px/k&n etc
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I’ve got an AEM and I like it, however at motorway speeds it can whistle at certain RPM.. not sure if others get this with theirs?
    VXR Stage 2 • Courtenay Sport Map 292bhp - 337 lbft
    Courtenay Ko4 • Courtenay Tophat • Scorpion Exhaust
    200 Cell Cat • AEM Filter • Luk Clutch • Luk DMF & Cover
    Forge Recirc • 18” TD Pro 1.2 • Eibach Springs

VXRed

I had an aem dry come on my Astra vxr that sounded prettty good guess it’s the same concept then could be an option

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_VXR View Post
    I’ve got an AEM and I like it, however at motorway speeds it can whistle at certain RPM.. not sure if others get this with theirs?
    I know the whistle you're talking about but I only noticed that after I had an uprated recirc valve added

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast