+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Post Advice About DAB And CD30 MP3

My Corsa VXR 2013 currently has a standard CD30 MP3 head-unit and can receive AM/FM and DAB.

Can anyone confirm if the DAB unit is built into this head-unit or is it a separate component hidden behind the dash?

Also, do the digital and analog radio signals go through the single, stock aerial?

At some point in the future, I want to install an Eonon/Xtrons style Sat Nav and I'm trying to work out whether my existing aerial could still be used for both radio signals, even if a splitter will be needed.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

(P.S. I have found other threads asking similar questions but not from people who already have DAB installed.)

VXR enough

The DAB is built into your CD30.

DAB CD30s are very rare units to have so you will be able to sell it on for a good price.

I don't know about the aerial but i would expect it to have a different aerial from normal.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Your Ariel will.be ok for radio but not the sat nav signal. I have had the same issue

VXR newbie

Cheers guys, I appreciate the information.

My aerial is the type with the fat base and a wire curling up to the top, around the main shaft.

As it already supports both AM/FM and DAB signals, I hoped that it could be hooked up to the equivalent outputs on an Eonon or Xtrons box, even if a few extra bits are needed e.g. an aerial splitter? I'm aware that the Android Sat Navs require an external DAB unit.

Euro, did you have to replace your aerial or did you not bother installing Sat Nav with DAB included?
    Last edited by Rigsby; 15th February 2018 at 06:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread