+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    VXRed

Ahh great, thanks for the replies guys.. Excellent!!
    Time to do some maths. 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Tbh, id never take on a car that I have to do the math on the fuel.

true - why would you buy a vxr if you only gona worry about how much fuel you use? no one buys a vxr for economy
    Arden Astra J VXR
    Miltec exhaust with sports cat, regal rss induction, mtech short shifter, stage 1 map running 324

VXRed

The question was how much fuel will it take to get to the ring and back. Not I'm worried about every day consumption.
    I'm working it out so I know how much to put to one side away from my house refurb fund.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by M18SAU View Post
    The question was how much fuel will it take to get to the ring and back. Not I'm worried about every day consumption.
    I'm working it out so I know how much to put to one side away from my house refurb fund.

At @ 28mpg a 700 mile trip would cost @ £150 give or take (if my math is right as I not too sure how much a liter of petrol is now) what I was trying to get across earlier was, if you have to fund the petrol for a trip by taking it out of a house refurb fund, I seriously think about this car, pads are expensive, discs are eye watering and good tyres aren’t cheap either! It could eat a serious hole in you pocket if you bought a one that had had a hard life!

VXRed

Roughly £1.25 up here, so £70 per tank. So that's two tanks there and two back and then whatever I use when there.
    Say five tanks which is £350 and £166 for the tunnel, so £516 in travel.
    €25 per lap also.
    I don't no about other people but if I'm planning to do a trip somewhere I like to know what it's going to cost to do it that's all.

At the minute Im using all available money on our house, I have no problem spending money on my car when it is needed regardless on cost.
    As for tyres I think £150 is a good average price for a good tyre... I don't see it needing £200 tyres.

So really I can see this trip becoming £1000.

Breakdown insurance ?
    You might need this ?
    https://gasoline-germany.com/statistik.phtml

As for tyres, that is a whole thread on its own. But you get what you pay for !

VXRacing ahead

Always refuel mine on 1/4 tank if possible about 38 l , approx 200 miles of fun.Fuel usage doesn't bother me as it paid for by work, apart for the socail stints. Doubt i could get away the return trip to the ring.Hits about 22-24 on trip computer avg.Seen it as low as 4 on the instant on a steep hill down here in 4th . £25 quid a lap i'll buy that for a dollar,that ain't bad for a 10 mile ish f1 old race circuit at savage avg speeds.

Frankfurt is a no go, if it is possible to avoid it ,3-5hours delays in the summer, as well as the other pinch points and borders, Always an accident around Frankfurt.

I thought the j had a 56l tank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3