+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Seems to run absolutely fine, not lumpy or anything, just burns oil and mixing the fuel with oil? Cars only on 68k

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    It's possible then. But impossible to say without checking it.

Even mapped "safe" it's not guarentee'd. P4 is caused when the car is mapped on the factory injectors which are insufficient to flow the fuel necessary at 5500k and above. This causes the deterioration to p4.

not always mine was safely mapped to stage 3 on standard injectors and it wasn't running lean and even after 47000 miles of abuse no piston 4 problems
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by timmee View Post
    not always mine was safely mapped to stage 3 on standard injectors and it wasn't running lean and even after 47000 miles of abuse no piston 4 problems
    It's not about running lean in general. Just at the higher rpm. Of course there are always exceptions.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR enough

More than a few exceptions - plenty of people running about mapped on standard injectors without problems, including myself.

In fact looking back a few years nobody on here thought twice about mapping on standard injectors before the whole "maxing out" scare stories appeared.

Not that they are complete lies, its just that the majority of people seem to skip on trying to understand the theory/implications behind it subscribe to thew generalization that "mapping on standard injectors is unsafe" like sheep.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Personally I'd rather not just ignore it and run the gauntlet though. That's just stupid.

VXR enough

Ignore what?
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Ignore the injector thing.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Ignore the injector thing.
    You're really just proving my point about people generalising the problem.

Perfectly possible to safely map to stage 3 on standard injectors and has been proven many times, can't deny that.

If you speak to EDS they'll tell you standard injectors as satisfactory.
    If you speak to Courtenay they tell you similar - if fact first line on their website "if these injectors are in good flowing condition the engine is capable of running at Stage 3 which for us is power normally around the mid 230’s".

As far as i'm concerned if your car has gone bang on standard injectors its either your own fault (not exercising proper care, changing the car from where it was mapped at etc), or your mapper has cocked up badly.

TBH if they're cocked up that badly they'd also have done this on uprated injectors....the only difference is with the uprated injectors there probably a bit more leeway (i.e. fuel to add cooling) for them to hide mistakes and get away with a bad map.

I've not read the whole post but it sounds similar to the problem I had. Slightly bent rod in cylinder 1. Compression test came out slightly lower - but if your cylinder has oil sitting in the bottom it may still be holding the pressure.
    I done a wet compression test to rule out valve problems - they all came back with good pressures.

Get a small camera in to look at the bore. That's what I did. Bore had scoring in it and it was sent to WG Motorworks for forging. I have the banana rod and scored piston as a souvenir.

I hope that helps?

VXR newbie

I’ve just spoke to the garage and they’ve came back saying that it could either be valve stem seals or the piston rings have seized, but it’s finding out which one it is ��

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast