+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Astra VXR lowering

Just curious, what effect will lowering the car be?? Obviously there's some kind of electronic control on it with the VXR button to stiffen but if parts were replaced would that button be useless?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by juniorheno1 View Post
    Just curious, what effect will lowering the car be?? Obviously there's some kind of electronic control on it with the VXR button to stiffen but if parts were replaced would that button be useless?

Pressing the sports button doesn't affect the suspension does it?
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

VXR enough

lowering on springs still gives you the vxr/sport setting on dampers but going coilover you will loose the suspension setup
    435bhp 410ftlb astra J VXR
    RSS induction, RSS Fully Forged, 3" turbo back, Forge FMIC, EFR6758, Nortech Mani, Proalloy water rad, 2way KW Clubsports, Forge brace, 1/2 Roll cage, Recaro Pole Posistion, Forge braied lines, AP Racing 362mm & Pagid RS29, lightend fly & uprated clutch

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Pressing the sports button doesn't affect the suspension does it?
    Not that I feel with the sports button!! Don't use it mind.... lol

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by dan88 View Post
    lowering on springs still gives you the vxr/sport setting on dampers but going coilover you will loose the suspension setup
    I assume that your just talking about loosing the ability to switch between firm and soft dampers? Tbh if I go down this route of lowering I think I’ll go coilovers (v3 for full adjustment) as I think you can get a better over all compromise on ride quality!

When you stick springs in that’s it, it will always make the ride a bit stiffer no matter what the manufacturer says and that coupled with the electronically stiffing of the struts when the vxr button could make it quite hard!

Just my thoughts on it, plus you can adjust the ride height on coilovers, I like that option

Running just lowering springs on the corsa and the ride is a lot firmer than standard but couldn't justify buying coilovers when the car is not going anywhere near a track anytime soon. Ps I don't have a sports button on the baby corsa
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

+ Reply to Thread