+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    VXRed Jackfowlerpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th October 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default Courtney sport stage 3?!?

    Hi All,

    I'm fairly new to the vxr and vauxhalls in general this is my first. But I took the plunge and bought the beast! I've come from a highly modded ford focus st mk2 which I absolutely loved but there was just something about the j vxr that I prefer.

    I have owned the car for 5 months now and it's a shame to say it's spent half it's time in Vauxhall, new gearbox linkages, new power steering pump and solenoid. But never the less it's all sorted now. I'm the second owner and bought from Vauxhall dealership and fortunately it came with 1 years warranty so network q have covered all the cost.

    Anyway moving on I have plans to do some mods but wanted some opinions/advice etc, I plan on taking it to Courtney sport for there stage 3 package as youll all already know is the downpipe, intercooler, intake and map but with the full exhaust system not just the downpipe, is anybody running this set up? And is there any additional mod you guys would recommend to support this? On the ST running dreamsciences stage 4 I upgraded the stock internals for forged and an carbon ceramic clutch.

    Would the stock internals and clutch on the car cope with Courtney sports claimed power outputs of around 350bhp and unsure of the tourge output as it doesn't state on there website I'm guessing around 500nm??

    The only mods I have atm is a pair of eibach springs which I haven't fitted yet.

    Appreciate any advice lads 💪💪



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    17,902

    Default

    You should be fine on standard internals and on standard Clutch.

    I have to say that although Vauxhall can't put a decent gear box in most of their cars they do seem to fit in decent clutches that can take good increases in torque 👍🏼


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    VXRed Jackfowlerpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th October 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    You should be fine on standard internals and on standard Clutch.

    I have to say that although Vauxhall can't put a decent gear box in most of their cars they do seem to fit in decent clutches that can take good increases in torque 👍🏼


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice one mate appreciate the feedback! Would a short shifter prolong the life of the gearbox?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    17,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackfowlerpt View Post
    Nice one mate appreciate the feedback! Would a short shifter prolong the life of the gearbox?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Don't know about prolong it but shouldn't cause you any issues. They are pretty reasonably priced for the J too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    VXRed blooded Klystron's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd June 2015
    Posts
    493

    Default

    At stage 3, around 350BHP. The torque will be about 400ft/lb.
    Depending on how you drive it, the standard internals should survive. The clutches seem to be hit and miss, some go with standard power some survive with 400ft/lb. Again depends on how its driven.
    The short shifter, gives a bit less movement as expected.

  6. #6
    VXRed Jackfowlerpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th October 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Don't know about prolong it but shouldn't cause you any issues. They are pretty reasonably priced for the J too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah not bad priced atall mate, nice one 👍

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    VXRed Jackfowlerpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th October 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klystron View Post
    At stage 3, around 350BHP. The torque will be about 400ft/lb.
    Depending on how you drive it, the standard internals should survive. The clutches seem to be hit and miss, some go with standard power some survive with 400ft/lb. Again depends on how its driven.
    The short shifter, gives a bit less movement as expected.
    Cheers mate appriciate it, she does 8 miles a day max threw week and driven by my gf mon-friday and she drives like a grandma but she will be mine on a weekend and tbh 80% of the time i drive pretty grandad myself but there the odd 20% i give it full beans haha! 💨💨💨

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts