+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Default CORSA D OPC: Why would boost change?

Hi guys

So I fitted a boost gauge recently, about 3 weeks ago. Car boosted nicely which looked like 0.8/0.9 bar. Haven't noticed the "overboost" yet.

Last week I flushed coolant system and added fresh coolant. This was basically over a period of 3 days. Yesterday I felt the car didn't feel as strong as per norm. Dragged it and noticed it boosted ONLY 0.5 bar. No management lights on though.

This morning I resetted ECU and boost is back to 0.8/0.9 bar. This tells me possibly that the ECU is/was picking up something and held the boost back.

I will monitor the car this week but what possibilities could there be to cause this?

TIA.

VXRed

This morning after driving to work (20 miles) I tested it again and the car boosted only around 0.5 bar. However, when I left work, after car warmed up. tried again and 0.8 bar boost and feeling strong a gain.

anybody? Is this my Recirculating valve acting up? Car has 167 000 km on the odo btw.

More likely to be a boost sensor rather than a recirculation valve, do you get a turkey noise when you lift off the throttle after boost?
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

VXRed

Hi Phil. Thanks for the reply. I do not get that turkey noise. Car sounds and seems normal except for I can of course feel the loss in power alightly when it only boosts to 0.5bar.

Quote Originally Posted by chee_dee View Post
    Hi Phil. Thanks for the reply. I do not get that turkey noise. Car sounds and seems normal except for I can of course feel the loss in power alightly when it only boosts to 0.5bar.
    Check out your boost sensors, one at the front near the intake pipe near turbo and one on the back of the engine I believe, near the inlet manifold.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

VXRed

Will have a look tonight. Thanks Phil.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    More likely to be a boost sensor rather than a recirculation valve, do you get a turkey noise when you lift off the throttle after boost?
    i get that turkey sound or flutter its getting more pronounced over the last few months is that the recirc valve?

VXRed

this may seem stupid or not related but you said you flushed the coolant

did it do it before that and how did you flush it?

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by raz0083 View Post
    i get that turkey sound or flutter its getting more pronounced over the last few months is that the recirc valve?

Raz, FWIW, I replaced my manifold a while back. Had to remove the turbo to fit it on the new one. When all was done the car had an issue.

The car would sound like it has a cone on ( dumping sound very loud) even though the standard airbox was fitted. Eventually found 2 vacuum hoses that I swopped when I reinstalled everything. The one hose was the one going to the recirc valve.

So based on that, I would think that the flutter sound (especially with no cone on ) might be an indication in that direction.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by raz0083 View Post
    this may seem stupid or not related but you said you flushed the coolant

did it do it before that and how did you flush it?
    Yep. The problem occured...or at least I noticed it after the coolant flush. Keep in mind. Only cause I fitted a boost gauge 2 weeks prior to the flush. Regarding the flush, I drained the coolant, added water, drove the car for 1 day with the water and then drain again and filled up with summer coolant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast