+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by zaffy View Post
    I need to change mine as well. Due to age and mileage I think a fresh set up would be a good idea. I know B14,s are rated on the Astras but what would be good on the Zaf for normal road use. What have others done on theirs, cheers.
    I've B14s on the Astra and they aren't bad. Firm but not crashy unlike many springs I've had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    If you put standard shocks on, make sure you disable the IDS using Tech2 or similar BEFORE you change over the shocks.
    What you using on yours. Don't know where to start really. Not fussed on having it lowered, just after a decent value set up that won't cause any issues. Thanks.

What you using on yours. Don't know where to start really. Not fussed on having it lowered, just after a decent value set up that won't cause any issues. Thanks.
    Haven't changed mine yet, they are still ok. When I do, I will use the SRi shocks with the VXR springs, shocks are around £220 for all 4. Car is 12 years old now, so not worth spending out on IDS shocks.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Haven't changed mine yet, they are still ok. When I do, I will use the SRi shocks with the VXR springs, shocks are around £220 for all 4. Car is 12 years old now, so not worth spending out on IDS shocks.
    That's actually not a bad idea. Never thought of at. I've got my MOT due soon and I know it needs new top mounts, so will see what happens with that first. Thanks.

That's actually not a bad idea. Never thought of at. I've got my MOT due soon and I know it needs new top mounts, so will see what happens with that first. Thanks.
    PM me if you need the part numbers.

VXRed

I’ve just purchased some Bilstein B14 coilovers do I definitely have to get the IDS+ turned off before I fit the coilovers or can I get away with leaving it and putting up with the IDS light on the dash?

Would this cause any other issues?
    2007 ZAFIRA VXR

Not sure if it would cause issues. You may want to check to see if it would pass an MOT with that light on though, and to disable the system with Tech2 or similar you will need to have the IDS connected, so would make sense to disable it before you remove the shocks.

VXRed

So the IDS+ saga continues.... just been into my local Vauxhall dealership to ask about getting the car onto Tech2 to disable the IDS+ and CDC on the car and have been told that they can’t do it on their Tech2 machine as the original settings are encrypted onto the ECU or something and if they try and do it on Tech2 those optione would be ‘greyed out’ and not possible to change.

Have I been speaking to someone who doesn’t know what they are on about or do I need to find someone else with a more programmable diagnostic tool that can overwrite the original settings?

I’m so tempted just to leave it and put up with the dash light tbh
    2007 ZAFIRA VXR

The only time options are "greyed out" as far as I know are when your car doesn't have the necessary circuitry in place.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So the IDS+ saga continues.... just been into my local Vauxhall dealership to ask about getting the car onto Tech2 to disable the IDS+ and CDC on the car and have been told that they can’t do it on their Tech2 machine as the original settings are encrypted onto the ECU or something and if they try and do it on Tech2 those optione would be ‘greyed out’ and not possible to change.

Have I been speaking to someone who doesn’t know what they are on about or do I need to find someone else with a more programmable diagnostic tool that can overwrite the original settings?

I’m so tempted just to leave it and put up with the dash light tbh
    Did they plug the Tech2 in and try, or did someone just say that without trying? I have heard of a couple of people in the past who have done it. If I remember right the IDS has to be disabled in the engine, chassis, CIM and instrument panel modules (and maybe in the ABS ECU, not sure).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2