+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haldex Troubles

VXRed

Default Haldex Troubles

Hi guys
    A few weeks ago I had the Haldex oil and filter changed at my local Vauxhall dealer as i was beginning to get the juddering feeling when turning tight corners and when pulling away. A few days after getting the car back from Vauxhall the dreaded 'service rear axle' and 'service 4x4system' now pops up on seemingly at random and will disappear once the cars been switched off for more than a minute.

I've since booked it back in a Vauxhall to get the problem identified but after taking the car on 2 test drives they could not get the service messages to come up on the dash, that very evening after getting the car back I went out for a drive and lo and behold the messages are up on the dash again....very frustrating to say the least.

So to cut a long story short does anyone on here know of a Scan tool that would be able to read Haldex codes ?

VXRed blooded

You'll need to do a diagnostic on the Haldex itself, it has it's own ecu, which the garage should have known, it will have the codes stored in it. You do need a specific tool for connecting to it but I can't remember what it's called. If you ask on the Facebook group someone will be able to tell you.

could be due to not enough oil being put in after the service , usually after 6-8 miles is when you will get the messages popping up if that is the case

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=175275

VXRed

Cheers for the help guys. I do find it strange Vauxhall claim there was no stored codes and that the Haldex was working as designed, the only real symptom of something being wrong (other than the warning light) that I've got to go on is that I can hear a sort of groaning noise from the rear of the car if I reverse the car but the noise only lasts a second or so.

I'm really at a loss on what I can do to get it sorted as the dealer isn't being very helpful at all, the service messages seemingly come up at random as some days I can drive for hours and not see it and other days I can just pop down to the shop and have the messages come up after a 5 minute drive.

VXRed blooded

Possibly the pump starting to fail.

How have the weather been when you get the message? I got the message after a service, but only after washing the car or if it was raining. Turned out that they’d damage the seal for the plug on the ECU, so it shorted and cut out. They replaced the seal ring on the plug and it disappeared.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

+ Reply to Thread