+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Blowing hot air?

interesting observation today.

We're finally entering autumn in Australia, so the cold air con can finally be turned off (yay)

However driving tonight i noticed something else, the air come in via the vents is naturally HOT

it goes away if i turn on "re-circulation" mode.

Do our cars run that hot it could take cool ambient air from outside and heat it up without engaging the heater?
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

VXRed blooded

possibly yes they do run hot enough but have a look around the engine bay bulkhead for loose or missing heat sheilding...the upper bulkhead area near the vent fan intake gets warm after a spirited drive but shouldn't get to the point it feels hot through the vents into the car

VXRed

Thank you

can you be a bit more specific on the location? im going to have a dig around.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

Quote Originally Posted by fredoops View Post
    interesting observation today.

We're finally entering autumn in Australia, so the cold air con can finally be turned off (yay)

However driving tonight i noticed something else, the air come in via the vents is naturally HOT

it goes away if i turn on "re-circulation" mode.

Do our cars run that hot it could take cool ambient air from outside and heat it up without engaging the heater?
    I seem to remember something about a pre-heat on the Climate Control that would provide hot air quickly before the heat excahnger reaches temp. But then again, my mind wanders...and sometimes it just fooks off completely.

+ Reply to Thread