+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs S Cat View Post
    I think they are all stop/start these days from approx 12-14 on, they keep down emmsions, and ruin the rest of the car, turbo etc. The good old jolly motorist has to pay the battery cost as well. Used eco about 3 times , when i was desperate for fuel and searching for a shell garage for 99, and stuck in traffic.

The winter weather has obviously cained that battery, but this is quite common when going on your hols.

Good luck with that price!, i would want them to address the battery as sir and bring it on a gold cushion before they fiited it lol.
    That's the sad thing about it. The battery has to be much heavier duty to cope with the large amounts of electrical energy to be constantly starting the engine, hence the stupid price of them.
    All this modern rubbish fitted these days really puts me off most of them. Those that remain are often outrageous amounts of money to buy / maintain. You don't even get a spare wheel these days!!! I'd rather dump the aircon, traction control, tyre deflation sensor rubbish than lose the spare wheel, the latter is useful.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

DSLR cameras have serial numbers in the battery so the camera knows when its fitted with OEM batteries, so I could belive that a car would do the same.
    Most batteries are over £70, last year I had to fit a transit battery I think that was £90.
    Also with the start/stop, how long does the starter motor last?

VXRed

Had new battery fitted today.
    No factory reset. I watched Mechanic take old battery off and replace with new.
    He did however, program windows.
    This looked like just lowering the windows down and then back up again!
    Stereo worked fine with no code input.
    Final price paid was £184.50.
    I had a 25% discount because I was registered with Master service club!
    As I pulled away to drive home I had a small wait in traffic, guess what the dreaded bloody stop/start kicked in!!
    All good now until the next time, and I'm sure that will come.

VXRed

Great stuff! Interesting to know they didn't do any re-programming. I was actually taking a look in the owners manual and it doesn't state anywhere in there that you need any re-programming/pairing of a battery, it simply states to use an AGM battery and follow the battery disconnect process. It doesn't even state that you have to go to a Vauxhall dealer (like it does with other components such as Xenon headlight bulbs). So, contrary to my own statement, and advice from others, it looks like there is no re-programming/pairing of the battery required! Can anyone actually prove otherwise?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2