+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RaceChip

VXR newbie

Default RaceChip

Hi Team,
    As I live in Western Australia and the Insignia was not a big seller tuning options are very limited.
    I have seen that RaceChip what looks like a piggy back computer to improve performance.
    Has anyone used these or have an opinion?

Many thanks
    Dave

VXRed blooded

Don't know it. Don't you have superchips (superchips.co.uk) reseller in Autralia ?
    They are kind of well known.

About RaceChip, seems to be a german company, selling all over the world.
    Product seems to be a piggybacks as you said, changing parameters on the fly.

They seems to be known company and products seems decent.

But I personally prefer remap of the oem map to optimise it rather than putting something in the middle, but never tried such kind of thing, so cannot really comment ^^

VXRed blooded

couldnt recommend a racechip box for these cars.... all those boxes do is bluff the ecu readings so yes you get more power but its not fueling correctly as such.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAU View Post
    Hi Team,
    As I live in Western Australia and the Insignia was not a big seller tuning options are very limited.
    I have seen that RaceChip what looks like a piggy back computer to improve performance.
    Has anyone used these or have an opinion?

Many thanks
    Dave
    BSR can do it. They have a dealer network in Australia. However you'll need to wait for their main dealer to be in WA cause while they have the programming for the "Opel" insignia up to 2013, they need to review the post facelift (ie: holden insignia vxr) programming to actually "do it"

Also might be worthwhile to ask "Horsepower factory" (HPF) in Melbourne see if they have a partner in WA. HPF actually locally turned insignias

I'm taking my siggy to HPF once warranty is out.
    Last edited by fredoops; 6th March 2018 at 02:26 AM.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

Stay well clear of the Racechip! It is a very crude system which just boosts the pressure by altering the boost pressure sensor output so the car thinks the boost is lower than it actually is and does the same to the fuel injector opening to give more fuel, but it doesn’t actually do that based on lambda or any other values, it just changes the signal a certain amount based on the values you select on the unit. At best it will give you a bit more power and a lot higher consumption, at worst it will wreck your engine! I’venseen two cars which have been wreckee by a racechip, one was running way lean because the fuel injector signals were constantly being modified compared to what the lambda was ordering, so it burnt a hole in one of the pistons!

Isn’t there a local tuner somewhere in the area who can help you out? Otherwise, have a look at the EDS IPF. It is a remapping tool where you can apply some generic maps for the car and then you can log the car using the unit and upload it to EDS who can then optimize the generic map for you. It isn’t as good as a full on remap, but it is a lot better than what the RaceChip will do for you.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR newbie

Cheers mate appreciate the advice

+ Reply to Thread