+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR enough

Default possible return to an insignia vxr

I had my first loon siggy vxr for 3 very happy years and after a few years out , im looking to return with a 15 or 16 reg loon , do the SS cars suffer with the same issues the earlier cars did ??
    simon

No not at all, both chains and haldex have been improved since the facelift. But it still eats through fuel and brakes like nothing else
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR enough

all input will be usefull pal , haha awesome

VXRed blooded

Not so sure about the Haldex being 100% fixed....some on here I believe have had issues with the facelift models.
    Mine doesn't like VXR mode for extended spirited driving on twisty roads...randon Service AWD warnings ...been advised to disable the TCS / SC when having fun as they fight the Haldex and overwork it....though is mapped
    Engine...solid from what i can tell...25mpg UK about average.
    Brakes up to 355mm fronts but still eat pads and fade with stock pads.
    Overall build quality...no issues
    Much nicer dash...new instruments are nice.
    OVERALL its a great car...just wish Vauxhall kept body spare...mines been off the road 2 months waiting for a new front bumper...on back order

VXR enough

thanks genman , so when I find one I like I need to make sure the Haldex has been serviced , upgrade the front pads and don't hit anything ?

VXRed blooded

youll be lucky if any facelift models have had a Haldex service as most are under warranty

VXRed blooded

I think the main issue with the facelift Haldex are the pumps. Not just VX but all manufacturers that use Haldex. The pump should ideally be replaced at the service interval just in case. Circa 25k mls

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    I think the main issue with the facelift Haldex are the pumps. Not just VX but all manufacturers that use Haldex. The pump should ideally be replaced at the service interval just in case. Circa 25k mls
    Yes, regular servicing of the 4wd should have been written into the service schedule as it is with other 4wd manufacturers.
    But that costs money and most people spend as little as they can get away with.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

VXR enough

anyone know how much the pump is to replace then?

VXRed blooded

I bought mine from the company that does the refurb's for Thorney, £350 with a seal and filter, then about the same again to fit including a service, which I had done from an independant Vx dealer. Vx charge double for the pump. I was quoted £1200 plus vat from a Vx dealer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast