+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    anyone know how much the pump is to replace then?
    Around £800 for pump replacement, haldex oil and labour charge, which I would suggest every 4yrs/40k.

I would also suggest changing the haldex oil every 2yrs/20k.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

Quote Originally Posted by El1te View Post
    Around £800 for pump replacement, haldex oil and labour charge, which I would suggest every 4yrs/40k.

I would also suggest changing the haldex oil every 2yrs/20k.
    It really only needs the filter and fluid changed. The pump fails when the filter becomes blocked.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...x-Holy-Trinity

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    It really only needs the filter and fluid changed. The pump fails when the filter becomes blocked.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...x-Holy-Trinity
    You're probably right about not needing to change the pump but since (engine) water pumps and oil pumps are often recommended to be changed around 6yrs/60k it makes sense to consider changing the haldex pump once in the lifetime of the car 'just in case' because of the expensive consequences and the risk of no advance warning (unlike a failing oil or water pump which often give warning signs and dash error messages).
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2