+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intercooler

VXRed

Default Intercooler

Looking to stage 3 my corsa vxr this year and wondered what intercooler would be best. What’s the MTC”s like? Can get a 2nd hand forge one for £400 thanks lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Thats a rip off as theres a secondhand forge on ebay right now 160 and another for 340.

That said you could get a new airtec for only slightly more at 450 which is as good as forge.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

There is a Thorney motorsport one that’s done less than 4K for 200 quid but no pipe work is the pipe work expensive

VXRed

On eBay mate if you don’t mind having a look

VXR enough

I see it.

From the looks of the connectors you reuse your existing standard pipework so that solves your problem.

Be aware you would not be able to fit silicone intercooler hoses with that ever though due to it needing standard hoses (and their connectors)...don't know if that matters to you though?
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

Tbh mate wanted nice colour hoses so that’s a no no. Could just go for an air tech

VXR enough

I would if i were you.

They're basically a copy of forge anyway, or at least extremely similar with the same gains, but for cheaper.

Win-win.

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Thats a rip off as theres a secondhand forge on ebay right now 160 and another for 340.

That said you could get a new airtec for only slightly more at 450 which is as good as forge.
    Airtec are great and a worthwhile upgrade before going stage 3 , I use one on mine at stage 3 and according to my OBD reader on a recent thrash around some nice roads the intake temperature never went above 29 degrees I’m sure if it had standard intercooler on it would of been a lot higher

+ Reply to Thread