+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone know about key fob

My key fob case is abit knackered so I've bought a replacement case, problem is I can't get old case to open, I can get to battery but can't open the rest does anyone know if there is a screw behind the Vauxhall logo on the fob? I've seen videos where they prize the case open with no screw behind logo but mine just isn't opening and because I've prized that much now the fob looks even worse and key doesnt pop back into position. Any help would be greatfull, key fob from 10 plate vxr

There was a guide on youtube that I used. I don't remember any screws...!
    VXMMI 4 curently for sale. Message for details

They are supposed to pry apart but are very tough to do, just make sure you've got the replacement casing before you try.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Ok thanks I'm gonna give it a go again this weekend, I've heard people say there's a certain amount of time the key must be reassembled by or else it will need programing to car again, do you know if this is true?

VXRed

I’ve been looking for a brand new genuine key fob to replace my current one. Any ideas?

VXRed

I purchased a new key fob the other day and to get my old one apart i just pried it apart evenly, started at the top then moved to the bottom.
    No screws its just like an interference fit. Its probably ****** anyway so don't worry about breaking it lol

VXRed

Where did you get it from as i cant find out? Im looking for a genuine key fob thats exactly the same as my current one?

I don't know where but I'd like to know too, theres a lot on eBay that look the same but internally are different, most on eBay are meant to be if you was getting a key cut with blank blade they come with. If your swapping your blade from old case to new eBay one.. Then you will encounter problems. I would have thought vx would have something on a website somewhere but I can't find it

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by VXR-Nathan View Post
    I purchased a new key fob the other day and to get my old one apart i just pried it apart evenly, started at the top then moved to the bottom.
    No screws its just like an interference fit. Its probably ****** anyway so don't worry about breaking it lol
    Was it a genuine part and exactly the same as the orignal as that is what im lookong for. I dont like ebay ones as they are plastic and obviosuly not genuine lart. My jey fob has a sort of leather finish which is nice. Its just in rough shape.

+ Reply to Thread