+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Time to sell up and move on. Farewell fellow VXRers.

Yes after 2 years of ownership (which is long for me) I've reluctantly decided to put the car up for sale.

Probably be sticking her on Ebay in the next couple of weeks after I've given her a fresh oil change and a good buff.

It's been a great car, one of the most fun cars I've ever had and I've loved the Porsche like performance you get from a Stage 3 car but with parts at a fraction of the cost.

But, I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for this kind of car now (so the Mrs says) and I do need something bigger and preferably 4wd and a bit more pipe and slippers.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help on this forum. There are some great guys on here who have given me top advice and are much friendlier than on some other car forums.....ahem BMW.

I think I may well return to a VXR again one day, but it would be when I've enough money for it to be a track car or weekend blaster.

So bye for now and good luck with all your cars. Thanks.

you are a long time dead - trade it in for a 'J' !!

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebill View Post
    you are a long time dead - trade it in for a 'J' !!
    haha I don't like the J as much. I'm going for something with 4 rings and an S badge lol

You'll be back. Vag venturers very often do
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    +1

You will miss the excitement of the VXR.. Audi S/RS cars never give you the same feeling.. I know all too well lol..

Good luck with the new motor tho matey
    VXR Stage 2 • Courtenay Sport Map 292bhp - 337 lbft
    Courtenay Ko4 • Courtenay Tophat • Scorpion Exhaust
    200 Cell Cat • AEM Filter • Luk Clutch • Luk DMF & Cover
    Forge Recirc • 18” TD Pro 1.2 • Eibach Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_VXR View Post
    +1

You will miss the excitement of the VXR.. Audi S/RS cars never give you the same feeling.. I know all too well lol..

Good luck with the new motor tho matey
    I’ll second this
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Regional Assistant - Scotland West f1slikki's Avatar

Good luck with whatever car you get.but as said I bet you’ll be back in a vxr
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Yep, he will. They always do come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, in all likelihood I will be back. I have loved the VXR and part of me really doesn't want to sell it.

Just wondering though, what do you guys reckon I should advertise my car for. There's such a massive range of prices when you look on Ebay, it's hard to decide what to ask.
    There are the 2 grand dogs and then the 10 grand minters.

Mines a stage 3 car with all the suspension(Bilstein coilies and RARB) and brakes done (front and rear), cambelt etc, 87k 57 plate in pretty damn good condition, it's got AFLs, folding mirrors, Satnav, the lot and it's just had SMF conversion and brand new uprated clutch. Do you think 6 grand is too much?

S3 has got to be one of the most dull and boring cars built, fast but very dull. Tbh bar RS4 / RS6, no audi is that appealing
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast