+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Q, yeah can relate to rust but if hill start don’t work then should of brought up a fault code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus how can abs be working normally if it’s locking up. As abs should kick in to stop locking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Q, yeah can relate to rust but if hill start don’t work then should of brought up a fault code.

It's still trying to engage. It just might not be moving the piston effectively.

Plus how can abs be working normally if it’s locking up. As abs should kick in to stop locking up.

It can still attempt to open and close the ABS valves as normal, so that no anomalies are detected by the system, yet the piston's limited travel can mean that the ABS is ineffective.

If the rust was that bad the pistons would not release as no force to do that and feel of drag heat and noise would be noticeable.

You say brakes lock up guessing front, does tc work?
    On vectra front left sensor drives speedo is the needle smooth in movement?

You say brakes lock up guessing front, does tc work?
    On vectra front left sensor drives speedo is the needle smooth in movement?
    It certainly feels like the front I believe. TC seems to work fine yeah, kicks in when it should.

Needle seems OK although I'll double check that never paid particularly close attention.

What year is it fairly new if hill brake so I’m guessing you’re gonna be on the newer software tech3.
    It's an 07 so actually one of the first models lol.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

07 never new they had hill start that far back on a corsa.
    So you’ll be t2 software.
    Right no fault lights, tc works so pump works and front sensors are beeing read for tc to work. When you say lock up is that with or without abs.
    And how big is your right foot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the rust was that bad the pistons would not release as no force to do that and feel of drag heat and noise would be noticeable.
    Pistons/slide pins don't need to seize up fully to reduce the efficiency of travel. Fine rust particles/scratched slide pins may reduce the strength of the caliper enough to make the hill start assist ineffective.
    Yes, there should be drag, but a moving disc can cause it to become unstuck again.
    By the time he's out of the car, the brakes may have had plenty of time to cool.

@OP; What's the strength of the handbrake like?

Now I can relate to what you mean but not so technical please! So your saying slow piston not a jerk and off (sorry had to put that in&#129315.
    So basically saying the rears are seized there for applying more foot brake causing the fronts to lock as backs not working.
    Surely an mot would of put an advisor on poor rear brakes if this has been going on for sometime!

Surely an mot would of put an advisor on poor rear brakes if this has been going on for sometime!

You would have thought so!

Quote Originally Posted by VeXeR View Post
    @OP; What's the strength of the handbrake like?
    Terrible lol gotta yank it right up to hold it.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast