+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Head Lights main beam

Hi

Just got an Insignia VXR SuperSport a few weeks ago.
    But when i drive at night I am constantly being flashed by on coming cars.
    I have checked that the lights are set correctly for UK driving in the settings.

They do appear to light up across the whole road left to right when in main beam.

Is this normal??

thanks
    Paul

They do tend to be quite bright, but the adjustment might have drifted. Try parking the car closely to a wall and turn on the main beams. If the lights point upwards, you need to get them in for an adjustment. It requires some kit to do, so unless you know someone with a Tech2 and a light adjustment rack, you need to go to a garage for it.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed blooded

the lights adapt with speed which all relies on where the rest when stationary but also the adaptive hi beam may be coming on too often...i hate it and keep it off as much as possible
    low speed is a broad light beam...up to about 40mph, high speed focuses a narrower beam ahead
    basic light adjustment is via 2x 6mm allen screw on each unit....one for vertical and one for horizontal...nothing fancy needed.
    Gizmos are only needed if one headlight is moving and the other isn't doing the same

BUT BUT BUT....you just got the car so back to the dealer / Vauxhall if under warranty

In my 2015 Holden Insignia VXR, I kept getting flashed on country trips when I was on low beam - usually trucks with a gazillion watts of high beam light which they would leave on when it appeared I hadn't dipped my lights; not fun. I had two different dealers adjust the lights at different times, but it still kept happening, so I did it myself. I looked at all the "scientific" advice on-line about using masking tape and measuring distances up and away from walls etc. In the end I just adjusted both vertical settings using a Philips-head screw-driver; went for a drive; figured I'd gone too far (couldn't see much); wound it back a bit. Now low beam gives me what I expect and I don't get flashed by anyone anymore. High beam seems as good as ever.
    Last edited by peterdw; 11th March 2018 at 09:13 PM.

There's also a height sensor on the rear suspension. That should be the first thing a dealer would adjust...if they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    There's also a height sensor on the rear suspension. That should be the first thing a dealer would adjust...if they know what they are doing.
    Exactly. My first Siggy had an adjustment error on the level sensor in the rear, so I was blinding every other car on the road.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

+ Reply to Thread