+ Reply to Thread

Default Steering Wheel Controls / VXR Panel

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the steering wheel controls for radio etc. from the steering wheel?

I'm assuming if I remove the airbag, i can access it from there but thought I'd check?

Also how to remove the silver panel at the bottom where the VXR badge sits?

Got some leftover alcantara wrap from a friend and going to give a little bash at wrapping these to see how it goes.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the steering wheel controls for radio etc. from the steering wheel?

I'm assuming if I remove the airbag, i can access it from there but thought I'd check?

Also how to remove the silver panel at the bottom where the VXR badge sits?

Got some leftover alcantara wrap from a friend and going to give a little bash at wrapping these to see how it goes.
    Pretty sure they are removed by brute force (no screws), I would like to remove mine for wrapping but I'm scared of breaking them
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Not sure about controls but I know 100% the silver part at the bottom just pulls off. It's held in by two plastic plugs that just slot into the wheel. No screws, glue or clips. Yank it from the bottom and work your way round.

Got the silver bit off, cheers guys.

Also managed to find with a bit of digging the controls parts are definitely just by force too, if it helps anyone

Althought they won't come past the airbag very easy so I'm going to get the battery disconnected and just remove the air bag to do those parts to make it a bit easier.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

+ Reply to Thread