+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Oil in intercooler

my turbo blew. i changed the turbo but i have oil in my inter cooler. can i burn this out or should i take it off and clean it?

many thanks for any replies

VXRed

Best bet is to clean it out and as many of the pipes as possible, The intercooler is easy enough to remove its between the condenser and radiator and I used thinners to swill around. Because it will take ages to suck it all through and you will still get blue smoke till its all gone.

VXRed

plus if the turbo blew you dont know if there is any metal there so it could end up back in the turbo and blow it again or into the engine so best to clean it out.

VXR newbie

ok thank you,
    i will get started on it. do i have to take the whole radpack off or can i leave the ac connected?

many thanks

VXRed

If you take your bumper off you will see that there is a couple of mounting bolts on the condenser to remove, No need to touch aircon pipes and with a bit of wiggle the intercooler will come out.

VXR newbie

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lee5487 View Post
    If you take your bumper off you will see that there is a couple of mounting bolts on the condenser to remove, No need to touch aircon pipes and with a bit of wiggle the intercooler will come out.
    easy i was hoping you would say that.
    thank you for the replies been very helpful

+ Reply to Thread