+ Reply to Thread

Default Car no longer has auto choke on cold starts

Got an unusual issue with my car that's annoyed me all winter. When idle overnight or switched off for a good few hours my car would kick in the auto choke for a minute. 1100rpm then drop down allowing me to drive off without hesitation etc.

However, this now only happens about 1 in 50. I've changed the plugs to genuine VX ones, new Delphi coilpack, new MAF from Nevlock, used standard and aftermarket filters in the air box and cleaned my oxygen sensor. All 4 pistons give a great reading both wet and dry.
    Car runs fine with no flat spots etc.

I know it doesn't sound particularly worrying but I want the auto choke back aha. Anyone experienced this?

Sounds like a temperature sensor somewhere being a little odd? Might be worth checking them?
    VXMMI 4 curently for sale. Message for details

Was thinking that. I often have the hidden menu on so know not to boot it until 95 degrees + 10. Not sure what temp it should read on cold start though. Any chance you know where it/they are?

No clue sorry. I've got a OBD bluetooth adaptor that connects to my phone with the Torque app - tells me all my temperatures. I'm not sure where the sensors are located though. Sorry
    VXMMI 4 curently for sale. Message for details

+ Reply to Thread