+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mot

VXRed blooded

Default Mot

Well I've just had my MOT and it passed with no advisories. Now at this point I should be glad all went ok. However I was hoping it would fail or at least have an advisory. You may ask why? Well I've had this annoying front end knock for a while that drives me crazy. Usual every time I set off or brake and sometimes over bumps. Do you think it happened once whilst there, nope. They had a look at all the bushes/joints but everything was nice and tight. I also had the tyre fitters check when replacing all 4 corners, nothing found either. Driving back home sure enough it started again. So annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Cheers.

Change your front droplinks. They are a common problem and a cheap fix.
    They are however a challenge sometimes to know whether they are gone when the car is up in the air and weight is off

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    Change you front droplinks. They are a common problem and a cheap fix.
    They are however a challenge sometimes to know whether they are gone when the car is up in the air and weight is off
    That was the first thing I did mate as one of the rubbers had perished. Gutted afterwards when the knock was still there, as they were a pain to do, had to get the angle grinder out.

VXRed

it could be the bottom arms or shocker tops

I know you said they were tight and ok but like above when the weight is on there not noticeable until you lift it in the air

the car lifts that you just put the arms under the sills are bad for it because you lift it up and all the suspension and arms come down with gravity and it disturbs everything and that's when the annoying knocking starts

VXRed blooded

The Mot place has a pit so wasn't lifted by the sills. He did spend a bit of time checking. I mentioned the top mounts while I was there but he said it was unlikely. This knocking all started when I went over an unexpected unmarked speed hump at 30mph, gave me a bit of a shock. He did say leave the car with him for a day to do more extensive checks. Maybe my only choice.

When it starts knocking, have you tried pressing the sport button (to activate the CDC in the shocks) to see if it goes away?

VXRed blooded

It makes no difference with sport on or off. It's getting extremely annoying now😣 From inside it sounds like a loud metal on metal knock from OSF.

+ Reply to Thread