+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 95 Octane fuel.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by jasez28net View Post
    Yes Dalle, would like to see a new OPC/VXR Insignia being released and maybe buy it if is an improvement on the old one. Not interested in the GSI. They look nice but just dont have enough grunt. As i said before, would really like to boost the power on mine but the Haldex is a concern even with the TMS upgrade. I dont tknow if i would want to spend that kind of money anyway on tuning! Hopefully a hot Insignia will be released in the not too distant future.
    We already got a "hot" insigia/

naturally aspirated V6 in the "VXR" or "GS" trim.

Not that great...
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

Just been having a read through this thread. For my two penneth, I haven't really noticed that much difference between 95 and 99 octane, and around my parts, its about 25pence per gallon difference. I've run mine on 95 for a while to see any difference and I don't believe its that different. Having said that, I'll be going back to millenium 99 again. For the sake of £3 a tank, its not a big saving.

Also, as for the comments about buying German. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Ziggy is built in Germany. As a brand, GM was American and is now French, owned by PSA. These days, so many car brands are owned and traded by so many different companies, it's hard to keep up, and certainly the nationality of the owner of the brand is much less a factor, the car designs have input from many places and the parts can also be sources from various countries, so most cars are multi-national.
    Not a good thing in my eyes, too many cars end up bland and just different shells on the same floorpan and running gear. Look at the new Supra, aka the new Z4. Toyota and BMW, two brands, one car.
    And don't forget the Koreans, with the new i30N, a small rocketship taking on the big boys lol

VXRed

I run my Elite 2.8 on Tesco Momentum 99.
    It pulls better at low rpms, can hold higher gears for longer up hills without needing to shift down, runs smoother/quieter and revs more freely at higher rpms.
    MPG is slightly better on Momentum 99 than on regular 95, maybe just about enough to compensate for the extra few pence per litre.

The same is true of my Swift Sport even though it's a modestly-powered naturally aspirated engine which, according to the experts, shouldn't benefit from higher octane.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

VXRed

..... Not interested in the GSI. They look nice but just dont have enough grunt.....
    That's my view, too.
    The engine power and acceleration of the Insignia B GSI is no better than a decade ago while other manufacturers have moved on.
    Even though the GSI claims to lap tracks faster than the old VXR I'm sceptical about translating track times to the real world of the UK's crumbling roads where, quite often, a sporty car is just too harsh and jittery.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

Quote Originally Posted by El1te View Post
    That's my view, too.
    The engine power and acceleration of the Insignia B GSI is no better than a decade ago while other manufacturers have moved on.
    Even though the GSI claims to lap tracks faster than the old VXR I'm sceptical about translating track times to the real world of the UK's crumbling roads where, quite often, a sporty car is just too harsh and jittery.
    My thoughts exactly!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Hi mate. Vxr is forced induction and they are no longer in production. GSI is a step back in power and speed compared to VXR (in a straight line anyway). Vauxhall need to up their game to keep up with the competition. It is a good second hand purchase though as the VX brand value drops like a stone after 3 years.
    My Vauxhall history - 92 Cavalier GSI 2000 4x4, 99 Vectra B GSI, 04 Vectra C GSI, 08 Vectra VXR, 15 Insignia VXR

VXRed

Insignia B is badges as Holden Commodore in Australia, and we have a VXR version of it, 3.6 V6 AWD
    Although.... it's priced similar to Kia''s Stinger... with Twin Turbo'd V6.

Comparo here:
    https://www.motoring.com.au/holden-c...arison-111575/
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

Yep. Fair one. Pity it never had a twin turbo on that V6. Would be quite a potent machine. Dont understand why they would put in a naturally aspirated V6 and compare it to the VXR8. No comparison. If it had a twin turbo, it would be far closer.
    My Vauxhall history - 92 Cavalier GSI 2000 4x4, 99 Vectra B GSI, 04 Vectra C GSI, 08 Vectra VXR, 15 Insignia VXR

Yep. Fair one. Pity it never had a twin turbo on that V6. Would be quite a potent machine. Dont understand why they would put in a naturally aspirated V6 and compare it to the VXR8. No comparison. If it had a twin turbo, it would be far closer.
    The 3.6 TT version of the HFV6 (LF3/4) is too mesy to be approved under the newest european norms. The 3.0 LGW however, will fir very nicely and is already delivering 400 bhp, so that would be the perfect OPC/VXR engine - and with lower weight, the GKN twinster AWD and a better clutch/transmission, a 400 BHP VXR would be an absolute monster!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Dalle, that would be nice and i would definetly buy one if Vauxhall see the light and give us what we want. I would even buy brand new again even though i promised i would never do it again after my Siggy. The loss in value is horrific!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2