+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Haldex oil change

Hello Guys,

still thinking about haldex oil change on my 2014 insignia OPC, 100000km

i red many of the articles about oil change, someone recommend that, someone does not, because of poor sealing between clutch and diff. which can cause haldex failure, so how many of you have haldex oil change and for how long?

Also, how many different oils can be change there? Gearbox F40, read diff and clutch? It mean 3 types of oil? Why am i asking because next to the F40 gearbox is also something in which is from my POI possible to change oil.

VXRed

its not just due to leaks or seal issues.
    its oil on a mechanical device... it gets contaminated and the filters bit by bit clog up.... every other car manufacturer has the Haldex in a service schedule... only GM don't

My haldex was serviced every 40k km on advice from the local Opel garage. As genman states, every other manufacturer does it. i don’t buy the one about the seal failures. If anything, then worn fluids and a clogged filter will only worsen wear on the seal. Also it has been a long time since anyone has reported a seal failure on here.

Also got an oil change on the gearbox after it started feeling a bit sticky on gear changes, which sorted it right out.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    My haldex was serviced every 40k km on advice from the local Opel garage. As genman states, every other manufacturer does it. i don’t buy the one about the seal failures. If anything, then worn fluids and a clogged filter will only worsen wear on the seal. Also it has been a long time since anyone has reported a seal failure on here.

Also got an oil change on the gearbox after it started feeling a bit sticky on gear changes, which sorted it right out.
    I've serviced mine just recently at 48.000km. So far so good.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Bardo
    Insignia ST OPC Unlimited

VXRed blooded

What don't you buy about the seals Dalle?

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    What don't you buy about the seals Dalle?
    I don’t buy that changing the oil will make the seals fail. Being a mechanical engineer, I have worked with industrial engines and transmissions for many years, and I have never heard of any application where changing the oil resulted in a failure unless the wrong stuff was used. So I can’t imagine what failure mode should cause an oil change to make the seal fail, unless you believe that the mechanic is a pig and fill the unit with dirt during the oil change.

VXRed blooded

I don’t buy that changing the oil will make the seals fail. Being a mechanical engineer, I have worked with industrial engines and transmissions for many years, and I have never heard of any application where changing the oil resulted in a failure unless the wrong stuff was used. So I can’t imagine what failure mode should cause an oil change to make the seal fail, unless you believe that the mechanic is a pig and fill the unit with dirt during the oil change.
    Ah okay, reading your original comment I thought you meant you didn't believe about the seal failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    Ah okay, reading your original comment I thought you meant you didn't believe about the seal failing.
    Heh fair enough...

+ Reply to Thread