+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Corsa E 1.4T 150 BHP

Hi All,

About to pick one of these up soon for around £280 a month. About £80 more than my current 1.2 energy. Just seeing if anyone else has one if you like them or not? I do like the look of them and have test drove one about a year ago. Just wondering if its going to be the same a the 1.0T 110BHP coresa which is 3 cyld.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ManLikeJenks View Post
    Hi All,

About to pick one of these up soon for around £280 a month. About £80 more than my current 1.2 energy. Just seeing if anyone else has one if you like them or not? I do like the look of them and have test drove one about a year ago. Just wondering if its going to be the same a the 1.0T 110BHP coresa which is 3 cyld.

Cheers
    Never driven one but the 1.4t is a 4 cylinder, will be the same engine as the Corsa D Black Edition I believe?
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

I’d imagine with 40bhp more it’ll be noticeable quicker.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

VXRed

Yeah correct. Red/black/white Edition. I went for the white one.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Never driven one but the 1.4t is a 4 cylinder, will be the same engine as the Corsa D Black Edition I believe?
    Yeah correct. Red/black/white Edition. I went for the white one.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    I’d imagine with 40bhp more it’ll be noticeable quicker.
    Sweet!

VXRed blooded

workmate has 1 and enjoys it.... he came from an old Fiesta St and hassnt really missed the reduced power.... your gaining almost 70hp so its going to feel very rapid for a while especially at higher speeds.The 1.0T is ok but never feels that powerful.... just cant get meaty torque from those wee engines

I've driven the 1.0T and the 1.4 non-turbo. Heard good things about the 1.4T, and I was extremely surprised and impressed by the 1.0T. Probably one of the best tiny engines out there imo. Have to say, by contrast, the 1.4 normally aspirated engine was terrible. Absolutely no hint of power, can't understand why vx have it in the range or that people actually buy it. Adding that turbo just transforms these engines. Guess those who opt for the standard 1.4 have no knowledge or understanding of turbocharged engines.
    The 1.4T sounds like a good choice, without having to spend the extra on the VXR engine.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Yes, it's an evolution of the 1.4T (120) (A14NEL, A14NET) from the Corsa D Black edition or the 1.4T (120/140) from the Astra J or Insignia A.
    As such, it's still using port injection and is not direct injection. It's not the same engine as the troubled 1.4T (150) (B14XFL, B14XFT) in the Astra K.
    Even the 1.0T in the Astra K and Corsa E has some running issues resulting in some engine failures.

So the 1.4T in the Corsa is probably one of the best choices because the other turbo engines have issues and the nat-asp engines are better suited to mostly town driving.

Any engine with relatively high power per cc (or high compression) is best run on premium fuel - Tesco Momentum 99 is generally not too difficult to find and not too expensive.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    I've driven the 1.0T and the 1.4 non-turbo. Heard good things about the 1.4T, and I was extremely surprised and impressed by the 1.0T. Probably one of the best tiny engines out there imo. Have to say, by contrast, the 1.4 normally aspirated engine was terrible. Absolutely no hint of power, can't understand why vx have it in the range or that people actually buy it. Adding that turbo just transforms these engines. Guess those who opt for the standard 1.4 have no knowledge or understanding of turbocharged engines.
    The 1.4T sounds like a good choice, without having to spend the extra on the VXR engine.
    It's funny how different people have different likes and dislikes with cars.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were test-driving small town cars and we didn't like the 1.0T (115) in the Adam or Corsa E due to being too jumpy in town traffic and a clumsy gearchange, possibly due to needing a heavy flywheel to compensate for the 'missing' cylinder, especially problematic with 'rev hang' during 1st-2nd upshifts when trying to get going quickly from a standing start whereas we liked the 1.4 (87/100).

We didn't like the 1.2 n/a because the gearchange wasn't as good as the 1.4 - upon further investigation the F17 'box in the 1.2 is slightly different to the F17 'box in the 1.4.

The 1.0T felt better suited to motorway driving while the 1.4 seemed better as an all-rounder.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016), Vauxhall Viva SE-AC (2016).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast