+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by jiraffe View Post
    be even better with i nice remap
    £250 for a stage 1 will take it to 170bhp. Not sure if I want to yet though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ManLikeJenks View Post
    £250 for a stage 1 will take it to 170bhp. Not sure if I want to yet though haha.
    no rush if your looking to keep it for abit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by jiraffe View Post
    no rush if your looking to keep it for abit.
    That's true mate. Just going to keep it standard for a bit.

VXRed

What BHP does he have mate? I can’t get above 37 lol....
    Just depends how you drive mate I guess haha. If you drive like a fairy you'll get 45 with gentle driving.

I get 33 out of my VXR and I kick the **** out of it lol!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Head View Post
    Just depends how you drive mate I guess haha. If you drive like a fairy you'll get 45 with gentle driving.

I get 33 out of my VXR and I kick the **** out of it lol!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Im driving gentle with it and still cant get above 37. I pray that it gets better after I get some miles on it. Got around 500 so praying it can at least get up to 45 gentle and 37 when hammering it!

VXRed

Im driving gentle with it and still cant get above 37. I pray that it gets better after I get some miles on it. Got around 500 so praying it can at least get up to 45 gentle and 37 when hammering it!
    Define 'driving it gently'.

During the first 5-10 minutes of a journey a car will be burning twice as much fuel while it warms up the engine so if you're making lots of short journeys you will get poor mpg and a 1.0T might have been a better choice if you make short journeys/city driving and mpg is important.

37mpg probably isn't far off what I would expect for either city commuting or for cruising at 70-80mph on the motorway.
    If you cruised at 50-odd mph with the lorries you might get as much as 50mpg.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016).

There are so many factors that will alter your mpg. Even moving the pedal slightly will make a surprising difference and the reason why a steady throttle position on a motorway will usually give you better economy. fuel type and tyre pressures are other big factors.
    I've found that the brand of fuel can make a big difference and affects some models more than others. The best fuel that I've found for power, running and ecomomy is Asda (surprisingly) and is on a par with Tesco Momentum. When I've used Sainsbury's, the mpg really drops off.
    Overall I'm getting about 38-40 combined and 25 urban for a corsa vxr.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by El1te View Post
    Define 'driving it gently'.

During the first 5-10 minutes of a journey a car will be burning twice as much fuel while it warms up the engine so if you're making lots of short journeys you will get poor mpg and a 1.0T might have been a better choice if you make short journeys/city driving and mpg is important.

37mpg probably isn't far off what I would expect for either city commuting or for cruising at 70-80mph on the motorway.
    If you cruised at 50-odd mph with the lorries you might get as much as 50mpg.
    I don't do many short journeys. Do about 50 miles a day for work and that consists of motorway, back roads and city driving. I actually reset my metre this morning before work and it's gone up to 40 mpg. It's slowly going up MPG the more I drive it.

I am probs seeing a difference because I come from a 1.2 Energy/

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    There are so many factors that will alter your mpg. Even moving the pedal slightly will make a surprising difference and the reason why a steady throttle position on a motorway will usually give you better economy. fuel type and tyre pressures are other big factors.
    I've found that the brand of fuel can make a big difference and affects some models more than others. The best fuel that I've found for power, running and ecomomy is Asda (surprisingly) and is on a par with Tesco Momentum. When I've used Sainsbury's, the mpg really drops off.
    Overall I'm getting about 38-40 combined and 25 urban for a corsa vxr.
    I think I am going to try Tesco Momentum for my next tank. Have been using unleaded Jet for the past 2 refills.

To get a correct 'average' mpg, you need to calculate it between refills and not use a trip computer etc, these are full of errors.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast