+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by ManLikeJenks View Post
    I don't do many short journeys. Do about 50 miles a day for work and that consists of motorway, back roads and city driving. I actually reset my metre this morning before work and it's gone up to 40 mpg. It's slowly going up MPG the more I drive it.

I am probs seeing a difference because I come from a 1.2 Energy/
    mpg drops by as much as 10% when it's cold outside compared to warmer weather. It also drops by as much as 10% in wet weather.
    So 37mpg on a cold wet day (which we've had plenty of this winter) could improve to mid-40s mpg on a dry mild day.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Viva SE-AC (2017).

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    To get a correct 'average' mpg, you need to calculate it between refills and not use a trip computer etc, these are full of errors.
    Yes, never trust a trip computer. Most exaggerate by about 10%.

My Insignia is about 10% optimistic. My wife's Viva is about 8% optimistic.
    Peculiarly, my Swift Sport trip computer tells the truth.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Viva SE-AC (2017).

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    I've driven the 1.0T and the 1.4 non-turbo. Heard good things about the 1.4T, and I was extremely surprised and impressed by the 1.0T. Probably one of the best tiny engines out there imo. Have to say, by contrast, the 1.4 normally aspirated engine was terrible. Absolutely no hint of power, can't understand why vx have it in the range or that people actually buy it. Adding that turbo just transforms these engines. Guess those who opt for the standard 1.4 have no knowledge or understanding of turbocharged engines.
    The 1.4T sounds like a good choice, without having to spend the extra on the VXR engine.
    Erm i have the 1.4 NA A14XER as my daily.

I bought it as precisely as that - a daily that'd be cheap on fuel/repairs and give me no temption me to mod, then see all that go out the window.

It does all that and i can get 40-42 mpg easy and thats not hanging about.

If you're used to diesel or turbo engines with a good spread of low torque then yes it will feel gutless, but then it really doesn't really waken up until 4k and at that point its pretty decent for only 100bhp....sounds a bit like a mini vtec as well at the red line.

It's in the range as not everyone wants a boy racer car...they just want something reliable that goes A-B cheaply without breaking.

Couldn't be bothered with a 1.4T for everyday use and TBH i have as much fun caning my 1.4 on the way home as i do my 1.6...maybe a bit more.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4