+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Camshaft / crankshaft sensors

Please can some here please tell where to locate grease sensors on a zafira vxr
    Iím unable to locate and Iíve looked everywhere , I have replacement parts but
    Canít identify where it goes . Pictures would really help thanks
    In advance

To access the camshaft sensor you will need to remove the upper part of the cambelt cover, should be held on with 2 torx head bolts if I remember correctly. On the Astra G this requires removing the airbox to get access, however I'm not so familiar with the bay of a Zafira VXR. I'm not certain, but you may need to remove the aux belt to get access. The wiring for the camsensor comes up through the end of the plastic coilpack cover. If you remove the plastic cover you should be able to see the wire and plug going onto the sensor. The sensor is held in place with a single female torx head bolt that can be accessed between the camgears. You should be able to pull the sensor up through the hole where the wiring comes out. Take care not to drop the bolt down into the timing belt area, else you're going to have to remove the aux belt, crank pulley and then all the lower covers to get it out!

There's a guide here for an X20XEV but in terms of sensor positioning it will be the same on the Z20. http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....vectra.155691/

Not sure about the crank sensor though!
    Last edited by Noxious89123; 26th March 2018 at 04:50 PM.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

VXR newbie

Thank you very much that sensor i can see which is called the camshaft sensor .The one im trying to locate is the crankshaft pulse pick-up sensor part n0 GM 93243251. I want to replace both sensors . When engine gets hot it just cuts out & wont restart but after 30min will run fine again . was recovered by AA computer read out said it was one of the cam sensors . Thanks for the help given so far if you can supply more info with regards to where the pick up sensor goes it will be of valued help . thanks again in advance.
    Last edited by nine2five; 25th March 2018 at 06:18 PM.

VXR newbie

Thanks i finally found its location its on the drivers side near the turbo unit and dip stick looks like a difficult area to access .May give it a go ?

Aha, yes I see it now. Found it on someone elses pictures, as it's not in any of the photos I have! I've labelled it up for future reference.

It's the same position on the X20 and my Haynes manual suggests you should remove the dipstick tube for better access, but I would try and advoid removing it if possible; it's one more thing that could leak if you disturb it.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB

VXR newbie

Thanks again for all the info . I thought locating it was the hard part I can change the top sensor no problem but
    I can’t see how I get access to remove the pickup sensor in the position you shown in the picture
    It looks as though it a turbo out job just to get access to this sensor . If you know of
    A simpler way how to remove without going through moving the turbo . Plz let me know .

Are you trying to get it from the top, under the bonnet? You'll need to get the car jacked up or on ramps and get it from underneath!

VXR newbie

Thanks for the reply . It’s on axle stands I can see it from the top
    But can’t see it from below as the compressor
    For the air con is in the way . I got some help and decided
    To remove the turbo . Finally got to it but I think an attempt had been
    Made before as the bolt was rounded off . Doing other work as well as found oil
    Leak and when turbo removed gasket was covered in oil . So fingers crossed
    I’ll be up and running by end of week as I’m waiting for parts .

+ Reply to Thread