+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Astra VXR Nurburgring - EDS IPF (Stage 2)

Hi guys

Since buying the Burg last year, I've always wanted to get a bit more power out of the Z20LEH. I've done tonnes of research, and it appears the EDS IPF tune is a great bit of kit; but looking at all the tune options, I'm a bit stuck on which option is best.

When I purchased the Burg, it already had Stage 2 mods, which are as follows:

3" Turbo back Cobra Resonated Exhaust w/200 cell sports cat
    Airtec Stage 2 FMIC
    Courtenay Enlarged Top Hat
    Full Courtenay Silicone Boost Hoses
    CDTi Airbox Conversion
    Forge uprated recirc valve with full spring kit
    Rear BCS Delete

So clearly, it's stage 2 ready but I can't seem to make sense of options on the EDS IPF list, as shown below:

https://goo.gl/images/DGpQWX

Looking at option 16, it would supposedly run 240PS as normal and 315 PS with 450NM with sport button.

What's everyone's experience running these maps? What problems, if any, have you all encountered?

Apologies for all the questions, I'd appreciate anyone who could shed some info/light on the above
    Last edited by Hal; 25th March 2018 at 07:12 AM.

All the generic map haters will be along shortly but in the meantime, I use the ipf and have had various eds maps on the car for 9+ years and around 60k miles with no problems. The maps may have changed and the phase numbers make no sense and never have but your basically looking for a map that doesn't have incam or intake in the description but does have llk.
    Last edited by andrewt1971; 25th March 2018 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt1971 View Post
    All the generic map haters will be along shortly but in the meantime, I use the ipf and have had various eds maps on the car for 9+ years and around 60k miles with no problems. The maps may have changed and the phase numbers make no sense and never have but your basically looking for a map that doesn't have incam or intake in the description but does have llk.
    Thanks mate, that's some great advice. Just found codes for what certain words and abbreviations mean. What sort of power are you running if you don't mind me asking?

I have no idea what the current power is, I can't even remember which map it's on these days. I've previously had cams, manifold, intercooler etc but I'm down to a 'stage 2' now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Hi guys

Since buying the Burg last year, I've always wanted to get a bit more power out of the Z20LEH. I've done tonnes of research, and it appears the EDS IPF tune is a great bit of kit; but looking at all the tune options, I'm a bit stuck on which option is best.

When I purchased the Burg, it already had Stage 2 mods, which are as follows:

3" Turbo back Cobra Resonated Exhaust w/200 cell sports cat
    Airtec Stage 2 FMIC
    Courtenay Enlarged Top Hat
    Full Courtenay Silicone Boost Hoses
    CDTi Airbox Conversion
    Forge uprated recirc valve with full spring kit
    Rear BCS Delete

So clearly, it's stage 2 ready but I can't seem to make sense of options on the EDS IPF list, as shown below:

https://goo.gl/images/DGpQWX

Looking at option 16, it would supposedly run 240PS as normal and 315 PS with 450NM with sport button.

What's everyone's experience running these maps? What problems, if any, have you all encountered?

Apologies for all the questions, I'd appreciate anyone who could shed some info/light on the above
    Your actually ready for S3!!

Quote Originally Posted by kopite81 View Post
    Your actually ready for S3!!
    Very interesting; I'd be happy with 300bhp and 400+NM, as long as the standard internals are capable of running the power without any long term issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Very interesting; I'd be happy with 300bhp and 400+NM, as long as the standard internals are capable of running the power without any long term issues.

Because you have the FMIC you can go for a s3 map now should defo break the 300 barrier..... Where u based?

Quote Originally Posted by kopite81 View Post
    Because you have the FMIC you can go for a s3 map now should defo break the 300 barrier..... Where u based?
    Thanks for the info mate. I'm from London, but I'm living in Sydney Australia.

is the ipf still available, doesnt seem to be on regals shop anymore?
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

I've only seen it on the EDS German site; it gives you options to purchase one of two maps for the Z20LEH, but you have to add on the EDS IPF device as an additional cost.

See the link to check it out for yourself: https://www.eds-motorsport.de/?cat=c...enzin-713.html

What I'm not sure about is why one tune is far more expensive than the other:

Map 1: 240hp to 280hp - From 234.62 EUROs + EDS IPF Device (150.00 EUROs) = 360.67 EUROs (includes discount for Stage 1 Maps) + Delivery
    Map 2: 240hp to 290hp - From 1,209.24 EUROs + EDS IPF Device (150.00 EUROs) = 1,335.29 EUROs + Delivery

Does anyone know how much EDS charge to "unlock" the other maps on the IPF Device/programme?

The site can only translate from German to English, and will ship anywhere in the world but doesn't explain how much the additional maps are, and there's no other site which sells the EDS IPF. Regal stopped doing it a while ago, as you mentioned R34nel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast