+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Richard have you had an ipf?
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    I got a response from EDS and here
    The maps in RED are what come with the IPF unit, the rest are all extra cost. I've requested price on map 16, which is Stage 2 - 240PS without Sport on and 315PS 450NM with Sport on. This map also utilises the FMIC and should run absolutely fine with the rest of my mods. Map 16 also uses the soft-pedal function so the car isn't jerky like the current sport mode, it's more about smooth power delivery so it's more comfortable to drive (seen this mentioned in other threads). I can't find any maps that run FMIC-LLK, Tophat, Intake (CDTI) all together without CAMS or other features. This does appear to be the best map IMO. I've queried them regarding economy against standard map and a few other things, I'll let you know what they say.

Hi mate did you hear anything back about the cost of maps etc? Unsure whether to go with the ipf
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    I got a response from EDS and here
    The maps in RED are what come with the IPF unit, the rest are all extra cost. I've requested price on map 16, which is Stage 2 - 240PS without Sport on and 315PS 450NM with Sport on. This map also utilises the FMIC and should run absolutely fine with the rest of my mods. Map 16 also uses the soft-pedal function so the car isn't jerky like the current sport mode, it's more about smooth power delivery so it's more comfortable to drive (seen this mentioned in other threads). I can't find any maps that run FMIC-LLK, Tophat, Intake (CDTI) all together without CAMS or other features. This does appear to be the best map IMO. I've queried them regarding economy against standard map and a few other things, I'll let you know what they say.

Hi mate did you hear anything back about the cost of maps etc? Unsure whether to go with the ipf
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

Hi all, terribly sorry about the very late response. Only last week I had the IPF unit arrive, I ordered map 16 as an extra, and it seems to have a list of lots of stage 2, 3 and 4 maps on the software, so I guess when you buy one you get more? But anyway, I chose 16 and it does appear to have completely changed the car. The power is insane, and the car seems far more capable and much more what I expect from a VXR. I am however concerned about boost as I can hear the Turbo sounding like when my boost solenoid valve failed, and it was boosting way too high. Overboost is about 22PSI, and holding at 20PSI.

I've tried to determine what the safe boundaries are for a standard K04 Turbo, with many varying claims and opinions and nothing concrete. Although the map does appear to have been best suited to the spec I'm running, and of course they would have mentioned if it requires a bigger or hybrid turbo, I just want to make sure the stock internals and turbo aren't too stressed, to maintain reliability and longevity in use.

I've only used the car once since, and I use the car rarely as it's my toy, but I'd certainly appreciate some insight on what sort of boost I should be running to protect the Turbo long term. If the PSI is too much for a standard Turbo, is it simply a matter of adjust the actuator?
    Last edited by Hal; 12th February 2019 at 11:43 AM.

20-21psi peak boost is usual for the eds maps, tailing off as the revs climb. Almost all the tuners run similar levels.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt1971 View Post
    20-21psi peak boost is usual for the eds maps, tailing off as the revs climb. Almost all the tuners run similar levels.
    Thanks for the reply Andrew, would this suggest it's safe for the K04 considering it's a common boost level for tuners?
    Last edited by Hal; 12th February 2019 at 12:07 PM.

I would assume so, you don't see many posts on here about dead turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt1971 View Post
    I would assume so, you don't see many posts on here about dead turbos.
    It's all stem seals and turbo ancillary issues
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3