+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by craigybaby View Post
    Off the top of my head I think they are Ngk bkr6eix
    Put new plugs in , the correct Vauxhall ones and although a bit better still not right , will try get it in garage for compression check in the week , if it passes that any ideas as itís peeing me off as spent a small fortune on car so far with massive brakes and wavetrac diff and gearbox upgrade new wheels etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Just buy the gauge, they're only about £20
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Just buy the gauge, they're only about £20
    Whatís the pressure reading of a good engine? Compared to one with a piston or rings fault

Readings should be equal across all cylinders when u test it if one is significantly lower than the rest thats your issue
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by craigybaby View Post
    Readings should be equal across all cylinders when u test it if one is significantly lower than the rest thats your issue
    Ok just wanted a rough reading what a really good engine should be as I could have all the same readings but engine could be knackered

VXR enough

Ideally about ~ 175 PSI across all cylinders.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I had the same issues for a week. Bought a compression test kit that read 170 across all 4 pistons. Cleaned MAF and MAP sensors, reset ECU, changed plugs and coilpack.

Ended up been a case of dodgy Shell Optimax. Ran it to the red light and filled it back up with Ultimate. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Neil84; 2nd April 2018 at 09:43 AM.

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Neil84 View Post
    I had the same issues for a week. Bought a compression test kit that read 170 across all 4 pistons. Cleaned MAF and MAP sensors, reset ECU, changed plugs and coilpack.

Ended up been a case of dodgy Shell Optimax. Ran it to the red light and filled it back up with Ultimate. Problem solved.
    I will get mine checked if all ok Iím just gonna drive it till empty and try different fuel but has £50 of shell v power in at minute 😞just put another post up of pictures of OBD not sure if right or wrong

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    I will get mine checked if all ok I’m just gonna drive it till empty and try different fuel but has £50 of shell v power in at minute 😞just put another post up of pictures of OBD not sure if right or wrong

My mistake, it was also V Power I used. My car would struggle to start, drop revs badly, sound like a bag of nails and almost cut out. After a minute of light revving it would settle and be ok to drive. I hope it's a simple fix mate

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Neil84 View Post
    My mistake, it was also V Power I used. My car would struggle to start, drop revs badly, sound like a bag of nails and almost cut out. After a minute of light revving it would settle and be ok to drive. I hope it's a simple fix mate
    Interesting as I previously put wasp in and it ran ok but I ran it near empty and filled to the brim with v power and went to Halifax and back around 200 mile round trip so maybe the fuel, hope so

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast