+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    VXRed

a few things here, if you have p4 issues at that mileage it will probably be down to a couple of things either a poor map because there forcing too much air in and not enough fuel or you have put a sports exhaust on or cut the cats out and not had them mapped out and it makes the car run lean

my suggestion would be to get a pressure test done and if that is ok then you need someone with a tech2 as it gives you live data and will tell you what the sensors are doing and everything

and i wouldn't let the tank run dry because it might pull all the crap through the fuel filter and there a pain to get to.

Mine has started playing up on startup.

Turn the ignition on and it misfires, no needle search or drops just misfires but a blip of the throttle it goes back to normal and runs fine. No smoke, no smell of fuel, no loss of water or oil.

Thinking (hoping) it might be a spark plug issue. Got a set sitting around so going to swap them out tomorrow and see if it changes anything.

VXRacing ahead

Default Car coughing and spluttering when started from cold

Quote Originally Posted by raz0083 View Post
    a few things here, if you have p4 issues at that mileage it will probably be down to a couple of things either a poor map because there forcing too much air in and not enough fuel or you have put a sports exhaust on or cut the cats out and not had them mapped out and it makes the car run lean

my suggestion would be to get a pressure test done and if that is ok then you need someone with a tech2 as it gives you live data and will tell you what the sensors are doing and everything

and i wouldn't let the tank run dry because it might pull all the crap through the fuel filter and there a pain to get to.
    No cheap anything on my car or bodged cats or anything like that just the best and it treats me like this , can easily fall out with vxrs probably won’t ever buy another if it’s a piston
    I will know tomorrow as dropped car off tonight at garage so will know tomorrow
    Although I drove it the 4 miles to the garage it didn’t feel too bad and behaved
    Could be a crap map as dynotech did it and wasn’t happy from day one and he refused to even look at it the day after the map was done saying it was my car not his map and wouldn’t even put my standard map back on without charging me
    Will never use them for anything again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GPH69; 3rd April 2018 at 10:37 PM.

Let us know how u get on
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

Little update from mine.

Changed out all the plugs this morning and it ceanked over first time, give it a couple of turn overs and no issues.
    Only time will really tell i guess.

Heres some photos of my plugs that come out. 1 - 4

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Cloak View Post
    Little update from mine.

Changed out all the plugs this morning and it ceanked over first time, give it a couple of turn overs and no issues.
    Only time will really tell i guess.

Heres some photos of my plugs that come out. 1 - 4
    Right garage just called all compression is very good cylinder 1 to 3 175psi and number 4 was 180psi camera picked up no damage in the bore either , so could be dodgy fuel or a crap map so gonna get car mapped again by Courtney wanted WG Rabbid to do it but tried so many times they never reply so if anyone knows how to contact rabbid please pass it on so I can get him to do it or courts it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear, hopefully a change in map will sort it out.

Its always best to have things checked as you did, theres so many people who immediately jump to P4 issues.

Must be a big relief it's not a piston issue mate.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Ahh man what a massive relief that must be

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Cloak View Post
    Good to hear, hopefully a change in map will sort it out.

Its always best to have things checked as you did, theres so many people who immediately jump to P4 issues.

I was only going on personal experience lol
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

Quote Originally Posted by craigybaby View Post
    Ahh man what a massive relief that must be

I was only going on personal experience lol
    This is all your fault lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast