+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRacing ahead

Default Car coughing and spluttering when started from cold

My car as started spluttering and wonít rev when cold , once warm itís ok
    Iíve checked plugs, coilpack and MAF all ok but have noticed a lot of oil in the exhaust tailpipe , my head gasket and coolant and engine oil are all good what causes this, I have no fault codes either and all looks good
    Could it be the MAP sensor and if so where is it and how do I test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say you've "checked" things like maf and coil pack how do you mean? Usually there's nothing with these you can visually identify. Only real way is to swap with someone's who you know is working and see if that makes a difference.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    When you say you've "checked" things like maf and coil pack how do you mean? Usually there's nothing with these you can visually identify. Only real way is to swap with someone's who you know is working and see if that makes a difference.
    Got new coilpack and maf still doing it but some days it donít do it

Sorry to say this but I fear you may have the piston 4 issue here is how my old Corsa sounded when p4 went on me turn your sound up.Best thing to do is get a compression check sorted

https://youtu.be/R7rywoGPwBQ
    Last edited by yodacraig; 30th March 2018 at 08:44 PM.
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by craigybaby View Post
    Sorry to say this but I fear you may have the piston 4 issue here is how my old Corsa sounded when p4 went on me turn your sound up.Best thing to do is get a compression check sorted

https://youtu.be/R7rywoGPwBQ
    Itís only done 26k and once itís ticked over for a few minutes itís fine and I can go and do 140 in it , surely if P4 is at fault I would just blow up at that speed , the engine when warm sounds sweet no rattles or anything, I will have a look today at a few things if I canít find anything I will get a compression test done , I have put all new hoses on even the small hoses so shouldnít be an air leak

Same as mine mate ran fine when it had warmed up could drive it hard etc and no issues but when it was cold idled rough and coughed and spluttered I mean it might be fine but a compression test would be my first port of call my one had only done 40k as u can see but that was the 3rd time it had gone as it had been replaced twice prior to me getting it which I later found out lol
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXRacing ahead

Same as mine mate ran fine when it had warmed up could drive it hard etc and no issues but when it was cold idled rough and coughed and spluttered I mean it might be fine but a compression test would be my first port of call my one had only done 40k as u can see but that was the 3rd time it had gone as it had been replaced twice prior to me getting it which I later found out lol
    Iíve just had all the pipes off and checked for oil in pipe work to throttle and all was clean, checked plugs and the colouring was good on all 4 , cleaned maf with correct maf cleaner when I started it up it ticked over smooth and quiet then when I revved it it dropped in tickover and went all lumpy sounds like a bag of nails, turned it off and back on then it was ok on tickover again
    Gonna get a compression test done when weather eases, wasnít planning on forging yet but if I have to then I will be going K04 or K06 route as Iíve spent too much on it to give up now

Good man that’s why I’m forging mine more of a reliability measure than anything else hope yours isn’t p4 but that’s exactly how mine behaved when mine went keep us updated
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXRacing ahead

Good man thatís why Iím forging mine more of a reliability measure than anything else hope yours isnít p4 but thatís exactly how mine behaved when mine went keep us updated
    Rang Vauxhall they said there not aware of a P4 issue lol but to put standard VXR plugs in as they donít like other plugs but they want £77 a set do you know what the correct standard NGK plug is for the Corsa VXR and I will try them

Off the top of my head I think they are Ngk bkr6eix
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

Instagram yoda_craig85

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast