+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Just started using super unleaded after reading this, definitely runs little better, thanks for info ��

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Defiantviper View Post
    Just started using super unleaded after reading this, definitely runs little better, thanks for info 😃
    Good to hear mate.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ive run my car on the Tesco Momentum high octane fuel since new. Does just seem to run noticeably that bit sweeter i find from the odd tank of normal unleaded its had in it.
    Flash Blue, Aero Pack, 20"Wheels, Michellin Tyres, Full Leather Napa Blue, Navi 950, Infinity Sound, AFL Lights, Vxr Online Stickers, Private Reg, Enhance Performance Cat-Back Non-Res with 2nd Decat. 4H-Tech Shortshifter, Team Heko Wind Deflectors. Rallyflapz.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by HO11SAM View Post
    Ive run my car on the Tesco Momentum high octane fuel since new. Does just seem to run noticeably that bit sweeter i find from the odd tank of normal unleaded its had in it.
    Yeah I agree. I've used only a tank so far and can feel and hear the difference.

I was paying £1.39 for 97. Then some one told me Tesco 99 was £1.25 Haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

VXRed

I recently bought an Astra J and out of naivety just used regular unleaded fuel.
    When I bought the car, I didn't know what mods had been done to it so I took it for a dyno check, and the reading was 286bhp - straight away the guy asked me what fuel I was using, he could tell it wasn't the premium stuff. He's told me he expects the reading to be at about 300bhp with the correct fuel - I didn't realise how much of a difference the right fuel makes.
    I plan on getting another dyno check done with the right fuel in the car, will be interesting to see the difference. But since I've started using Shell V-Power, I do notice a difference!

VXRed

I use v-power in mine and I got 275bhp on the dyno. Mine is completely stock apart from a panel filter. For you to get 286 with standard fuel I would say you've got some mods going on, possibly even a stage 1? Or it's just a really good engine!

after starting this thread some time ago I am now converted and always use Momentum. Trouble before was no-one local sold it so I was happily running on standard unleaded. I have since found a garage on the way to work so always fill up as I am passing. Definitely runs smoother and has more grunt !

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by V*X*R View Post
    I use v-power in mine and I got 275bhp on the dyno. Mine is completely stock apart from a panel filter. For you to get 286 with standard fuel I would say you've got some mods going on, possibly even a stage 1? Or it's just a really good engine!
    Yeah WG reckon it's been stage 1 remapped. Found out it's also got a Janspeed exhaust system fitted, wasn't informed of this too when I bought the car (from Peter Vardy) but not complaining hah. The only thing i could tell it had done to it when i bought it was the induction kit staring me in the face when I opened the bonnet, apart from that I had no idea until recently.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebill View Post
    after starting this thread some time ago I am now converted and always use Momentum. Trouble before was no-one local sold it so I was happily running on standard unleaded. I have since found a garage on the way to work so always fill up as I am passing. Definitely runs smoother and has more grunt !
    Totally agree! If you can afford to run a VXR in the first place, you can afford the extra 10p per litre or whatever it is hah

i wouldnt put Asda fuel in my H

and mine seems to run better on tesco, tired shell and bp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast