+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heater problem

VXRed

Default Heater problem

Fan for interior heater runs fine on all 4 settings, but when you turn it off after it has been on for about 30 mins or more it won't turn on again until a couple of hours later. Is this the glove box relay or something else? Has anyone else had this problem, or have any ideas what it could be.
    Cheers.

VXRed

Best way would be to get it to don't again mate. And then when it won't turn back on check it. And try to identify the problem.

Check power is getting getting to the fan. If it's not could be the relay.

I have doke this before but to be fair it wasn't in a Vauxhall bit a merc.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

VXRed

Hi, i recently had a similar problem to this. Fan would work 1-4 settings say in the morning on way to work, but would not work on travelling home. Intermittent on/off scenario. Did a little research on this site and google/you tube etc. It was the resistor. Got one off ebay for £7.50 (£40 from vauxhall!) fitted it myself and fan fine. If anything blows alot better!

VXRed

Thanks for the replies guys. I think for £7.50 I'll try the resistor. Is it the one behind the glove box?

VXRed

Been a while but got around to sorting the fan out. Bought the resistor and needed to cut off one of the plastic lugs after checking against the original one. The whole process only took 15 minutes. Fan still didn't work. Checked the fuse but it was o.k. While checking fan control with engine on I leaned over and reached under the glove box and tapped the fan housing - it started to work. It appear that the fan has got carbon build-up on the bushes which is a really east 20-30 minute job to remove fan motor and clean. I used a youtube vid on how to do it.
    Just thought anyone else suffering this problem might want to try it before going to a garage for expensive repairs.

VXRed

Glad you got it sorted. I had the same problem with the plastic lug on the aftermarket resistor. Spent ages trying to force it into the hole, until i realised it was that that was stopping it.

+ Reply to Thread