+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXR enough

Fair enough then lol cheers
    Full 3" Piper turbo back, Airtec fmic, piper x cone, Dap r springs, tarrox g88 discs, EBC yellow pads, powerflex engine/gearbox inserts + rearbeam bushes, whiteline lower arms, vredstein ultrac vortis,courtnay retainers, turbosmart actuator + recirc. Courtnay sport stage 3 mapped.

Buy a golf R
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Usually a gt28 set up is one of 2 things. Done cheaply and using crap parts and then wondering why it keeps breaking. Or spending £10k odd and doing it properly, and then having a car that’s not ideal for daily use. Unless you have the cash to do it properly then only use it as a weekend toy then I’d say don’t bother. But that’s just my opinion.

You’d need
    fully forged
    Cams
    Valve springs and retainers
    Inlet manifold
    Clutch/flywheel
    LSD
    Injectors
    Fuel pump
    Exhaust manifold/inlet/downpipe to suite gt28.

Maybe more depending on what power your looking at going.
    Last edited by caino6; 11th April 2018 at 11:46 PM.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Buy a golf R
    Lmfao
    Full 3" Piper turbo back, Airtec fmic, piper x cone, Dap r springs, tarrox g88 discs, EBC yellow pads, powerflex engine/gearbox inserts + rearbeam bushes, whiteline lower arms, vredstein ultrac vortis,courtnay retainers, turbosmart actuator + recirc. Courtnay sport stage 3 mapped.

Swear I have seen more big turbo threads from you than any other
    Turbo, Inlet mani, Forged engine, Injectors , Fuel pump, New cambelt, Oil pump, possibly look at clutch/flywheel and be prepared to part with alot of cash!!
    Arden Astra with black bits

Engine Originally built by wg motorworks blew up after 34 mile so Muni Singh had to sort out his mess 👍🏻

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKbSeeXAVtg

Watch that and think again lol 12K and thats mates rates.......
    Astra H OPC - CDTi Conversion with K&N Panel Filter | Iridium NGK Plugs | Custom Rocker Cover | Various Orange hoses | CD70 / CID upgrade | Interior LEDs | BMW Mini Sport Aerial | Insignia Washers | Courtenay High Flow Plenum | Hekos | MWP S1 Remap

Quote Originally Posted by kopite81 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKbSeeXAVtg

Watch that and think again lol 12K and thats mates rates.......
    I'd say mine cost me 18k & still that is going up
    Arden Astra with black bits

Engine Originally built by wg motorworks blew up after 34 mile so Muni Singh had to sort out his mess 👍🏻

Default What's needed exactly

I'll throw in my 2ps worth.

Don't do it unless you are prepared to keep it as a second car.

You will be chucking money down the toilet if you think you can build a reliable daily drivable car that will offer an acceptable level of comfort.

I made those videos for YouTube just to give a little insight into what it's like from Matt but also my few hours driving one.

It wasn't for me but that's not to say it's not for you....but with the amount of them you see getting built and broken for parts or being sold on the grass really is greener with another car like a Golf R, A45 or M3 that is built for 400bhp and some can easily do more with a couple of mods and map...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    I'll throw in my 2ps worth.

Don't do it unless you are prepared to keep it as a second car.

You will be chucking money down the toilet if you think you can build a reliable daily drivable car that will offer an acceptable level of comfort.

I made those videos for YouTube just to give a little insight into what it's like from Matt but also my few hours driving one.

It wasn't for me but that's not to say it's not for you....but with the amount of them you see getting built and broken for parts or being sold on the grass really is greener with another car like a Golf R, A45 or M3 that is built for 400bhp and some can easily do more with a couple of mods and map...

Well said Ryan, Im thinking anything more than S3 is a waste in the Astra IMO, If your wanting more power then look to switch to a different car as Ryan says above....
    Astra H OPC - CDTi Conversion with K&N Panel Filter | Iridium NGK Plugs | Custom Rocker Cover | Various Orange hoses | CD70 / CID upgrade | Interior LEDs | BMW Mini Sport Aerial | Insignia Washers | Courtenay High Flow Plenum | Hekos | MWP S1 Remap

Quote Originally Posted by kopite81 View Post
    Well said Ryan, Im thinking anything more than S3 is a waste in the Astra IMO, If your wanting more power then look to switch to a different car as Ryan says above....
    Stage 3 is ideal tbh. If I was given the option of going Stage 3.5 again I'd probably leave it for what it cost. It's good and a particularly good power band for track driving but if you are like 90% of people out there driving it on the road and giving it a good boost and kicking for a bit of fun then Stage 3 is ideal and doesn't break the bank getting there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast