+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Astra vxr m32 gearbox problems

Looking for some help here, car developed a whine off throttle under 2000rpm in 5th and 6th so I bought the 62mm case and bearings and took it to the garage for replacing i also said to change the rest of the bearings while there fitting the updated case, anyhow the garage has had the car 3 weeks now they say they changed all the bearings etc and took the car on a test run and it's still got noise in 5th and 6th as before, so they recommend change 5 and 6 gear sets and still the noise, there now saying maybe it's the pinion shaft and crown wheel, any 1 have the same experience as me here

Def coming from gearbox?
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

VXR newbie

Update to this they said they got a diffrent gearbox as they didn't no where whine was coming from and now when I go from 3rd to 4th it's a big jump in ratios, it's like going from 3rd to 5th, doesn't stop there though 4th and 5th seams exactly the same gears any 1 no what these cowboys have done they want shutting down

Where did you take it?
    Astra H OPC - CDTi Conversion with K&N Panel Filter | Iridium NGK Plugs | Custom Rocker Cover | Various Orange hoses | CD70 / CID upgrade | Interior LEDs | BMW Mini Sport Aerial | Insignia Washers | Courtenay High Flow Plenum | Hekos | MWP S1 Remap

VXR newbie

Leeds transmission

Quote Originally Posted by P44ttf View Post
    Leeds transmission
    Should have gone to Halifax clutch and gearbox centre pal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Astra H OPC - CDTi Conversion with K&N Panel Filter | Iridium NGK Plugs | Custom Rocker Cover | Various Orange hoses | CD70 / CID upgrade | Interior LEDs | BMW Mini Sport Aerial | Insignia Washers | Courtenay High Flow Plenum | Hekos | MWP S1 Remap

+ Reply to Thread