+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default suggestions please - to find a standard 2nd cat exhaust pipe.

OK my fellow Ziggy owners, I'm looking for a standard exhaust part to replace the scorpion secondary decat pipe on mine. I had the full scorpion 3inch system incl the 2nd decat pipe on the car when I bought it. I've now got the standard system from the de-cat pipe back. I've always preferred to keep my cars totally standard, and the only non-standard item on my car is now the 2nd decat pipe.
    Can anyone recommend or suggest anywhere I can get the standard pipe inc the 2nd cat, at a sensible price.
    Yes, the decat pipe makes a difference in power, noticeable increase, but its also loud as hell Some will say it sounds great, especially at full tilt, and the pop when changing gear cant be missed, but I prefer the silent but deadly approach, and my neighbours most probably agree at 8am lol.
    So I'm looking somewhere to get the standard pipe from, so I can fit it in place of the decat.
    anyone got any suggestions please

Possibly illegal under new mot laws?? If it was fitted, it needs to be on??
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

I wondered about that but from reading up on it, the 2nd cat isnt needed and the car passes all testes without it. I only want to get rif of the decat because of the noise it makes. its not quiet

Mmm...I am tempted but need to clarify with a mate a vosa first. When you say loud...stupid loud or just sounds like a v6 should...like the Audi unit in sport?
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

in theory its a fail under the current mot rules as any cat missing is a fail just depends on if the tester knows its meant to have 2 cats fitted
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Sporticus View Post
    Mmm...I am tempted but need to clarify with a mate a vosa first. When you say loud...stupid loud or just sounds like a v6 should...like the Audi unit in sport?
    Definitely check first. The car's passed the last MOT with it fitted, but best check for sure.
    Let me know what you hear back

I know have the secondary cat and pipe

Swap or purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Sporticus View Post
    Swap or purchase?
    Got one from a VXR chappy on facebook, but when it arrived, it was another decat pipe lol might have another one sorted next week though.
    as for the MOT, the restrictions are mainly on the diesels, so as long as the emissions are still below the standards, then its fine

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn2 View Post
    Got one from a VXR chappy on facebook, but when it arrived, it was another decat pipe lol might have another one sorted next week though.
    as for the MOT, the restrictions are mainly on the diesels, so as long as the emissions are still below the standards, then its fine
    OK, still looking, so if anyone has one, please get in touch.
    Also, asked a friend who works in a garage, re the MOT aspect, and he advises that the new restrictions primarily affect diesels. for petrols, its just down to the usual, emission levels and noise, so its OK with both

BUT as always, in regards to legalities etc, always do your homework and check things yourself with a reliable source

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast