+ Reply to Thread

Default Scraping type noise from driver side?

I honestley dont know how to explain this but i was driving home from work and noticed this scraping noise at low speed as if something was scraping against a tyre looked under the car but couldnt spot anything...the noise is not constant but has a certain spot where it might catch on somthing checked the brakes couldnt see anything visual wrong...could it possibly be low tyre pressure or is my car too low and the tyres are scraping on the inside of the arches? Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by MrHus; 8th April 2018 at 08:06 PM.

Potentially going to be your disc backing plate. They can be easily damaged or bent, making them touch the disc and make a noise.

Crawl under and just bend it away from the disc. It's only a small piece of metal and is at a 6 o'clock position on the rear of the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    Potentially going to be your disc backing plate. They can be easily damaged or bent, making them touch the disc and make a noise.

Crawl under and just bend it away from the disc. It's only a small piece of metal and is at a 6 o'clock position on the rear of the disc.
    I will give that a go tommorow after i give the tyres a pump thanks for the reply will let u know how i get on

Quote Originally Posted by MrHus View Post
    I will give that a go tommorow after i give the tyres a pump thanks for the reply will let u know how i get on
    No problem, hope you get it sorted

I had that scraping backing plate too. Took me an absolute age to find. Did my head in lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Just a quick update i did try bringing the guard back a little with no success so i went to a petrol station and the tyre in question was on 28psi and all the others wer 30 so i put them all on 33 and wollah no noise and a perfect ride!!

+ Reply to Thread