+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Yes mate I replaced both mine because the tabs at the front had snapped off and the bumper hung down slightly. I just used a nuts and bolts to reattach them mate. Just in case they ever need replacing again.
    good idea! i think i'm too concerned about fixing the car the "way it's meant to be" after finding the bodge job of wood screws etc.. that the cowboy did on my bumper so overlooked the easy method of nuts and bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ftofflame View Post
    good idea! i think i'm too concerned about fixing the car the "way it's meant to be" after finding the bodge job of wood screws etc.. that the cowboy did on my bumper so overlooked the easy method of nuts and bolts.
    Oh mate I'm right with you there. It had to be proper parts for me. I've made sure ive replaced everything with oe parts whenever it's been needed. But I can't justify re using rivets when it's common for a plastic lug to break off them and need replacing again.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed blooded

i'm not so massively worried about the parts being OE as it feels like as soon as you say it's a VXR part the price jumps up to insane levels, although i will still do it when ever i can afford to but i just refuse to do stupid stuff like using wood screws to drill through the wheel liner into the bumper etc... So some bolts and nuts are more than "proper" enough for me.

i'm not so massively worried about the parts being OE as it feels like as soon as you say it's a VXR part the price jumps up to insane levels, although i will still do it when ever i can afford to but i just refuse to do stupid stuff like using wood screws to drill through the wheel liner into the bumper etc... So some bolts and nuts are more than "proper" enough for me.
    There's not really any "vxr specific" screws or fixings mate, they're the same on all the astras. It's just the bumpers themselves that are unique. So the prices aren't astronomical, far from it. Especially from autovaux. Also the more you buy from them the more discount you get on future purchases

I need a new bumper lower section because one of the wing tabs which join to the arch liners has snapped off. I'll be getting that when I can spare the funds ....

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    There's not really any "vxr specific" screws or fixings mate, they're the same on all the astras. It's just the bumpers themselves that are unique. So the prices aren't astronomical, far from it. Especially from autovaux. Also the more you buy from them the more discount you get on future purchases

I need a new bumper lower section because one of the wing tabs which join to the arch liners has snapped off. I'll be getting that when I can spare the funds ....
    True, it's actually a pleasant surprise to see those guide rails in single digits, i've just been unlucky with my car and all of the many parts i've needed to fix/replace have been big/important/vxr specific and cost a small fortune.

yep that tab has snapped off on the bumper i've taken off as well. I was planning on selling the old one, being honest about it having cracks etc.. obviously, but it's such dodgy condition with the cracks, the botched repairs and tabs snapped off i'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

All those bracket bits are still mass produced so they're not bad priced.

And yes I'd just bin the old one off mate. Some of the prices people are selling damaged vxr bumpers for on ebay boggles the mind ......

VXRed blooded

yeah, i was shocked when i was looking for my replacement one. There were some on ebay in truly god awful condition and they wanted more than a brand new repro part and in a couple cases if you took the p+p into consideration they wanted more than a brand new OE part

yeah, i was shocked when i was looking for my replacement one. There were some on ebay in truly god awful condition and they wanted more than a brand new repro part and in a couple cases if you took the p+p into consideration they wanted more than a brand new OE part
    I've even seen a listing where someone wanted over a grand .....

VXRed blooded

that's an insane price. Can't imagine anyone would pay that.

Also thanks for the tip with auto vaux, called them yesterday and explained what i was after, guy knew exactly what i was talking about and parts turned up today all for a great price with no fuss.

that's an insane price. Can't imagine anyone would pay that.

Also thanks for the tip with auto vaux, called them yesterday and explained what i was after, guy knew exactly what i was talking about and parts turned up today all for a great price with no fuss.
    No worries mate. Yeah they're good lads there and know their stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast