+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P0008

VXR newbie

Default P0008

My insignia vxr is throwing up this code, sometimes as historic code and sometimes pending, then sometimes the light comes on, every now and then loss of power can occur, no noises or anything and just had oil and filters done.

it is a 2009 with 85k on the clock and good service history.

Any help appreciated

thanks.

Ohh boy - that is usually not good news... I got the exact same code and the result was a new set of chains. I don’t know if nick150 is still active on here, but he has helped out many VXR owners with a cheap(ish) replacement of chains.

If you have experienced powerloss, it means it is probably fairly advanced, so my advice would be to stop driving the car as it might end up with an engine replacement if the chains start skipping teeth.

Have a look at my old thread here:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...light-on/page3

I started out thinking it was just a fault on the emissions sensors :S
    Last edited by Dalle1985; 15th April 2018 at 07:27 PM.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Yep had that on the vectra but no powerloss though. Nick did the chains and it was cured..and transformed the cars performance etc.
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Sadly it will be chains
    I can sort them for if you choose to
    NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
    INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

+ Reply to Thread