+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obd 2 port

Default Obd 2 port

So my obd box Bluetooth thing that reads codes etc has tuned up and I have a few questions if anyone has experienced using these then any help would be much appreciated.

The actual product that goes into the obd port, is it meant to be loose? I've tried pushing in more an doesn't seem to wanna go in, it's in enough to work but seems to lose connection consistently and is very loose. It may be losing connection because of a Bluetooth issue as my phone was connected before but I'm unsure

Boost gauge? Any got there's working? When I select the boost Dail it doesn't show up as if car doesn't have boost

I have the eonon headset with app built in which I believe is pro version

Oh and I also have a constant skid icon on dash now too which won't go away, checked fault codes and non show up?!

What bluetooth device you using?

What app you using?

Last edited by Arron D; 16th April 2018 at 06:00 PM.

Currently using the elm327 with the torque app.

The obd device sits in snug without any movement on mine, and the app reads Boost and temperatures perfectly fine.

Hmmm I can't see boost gauges it ain't highlighted on mine, vacuum is tho so maybe that has boost on it too, I'll have a play and see if can fit snug as mine definitely isn't, thanks for reply

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Hmmm I can't see boost gauges it ain't highlighted on mine, vacuum is tho so maybe that has boost on it too, I'll have a play and see if can fit snug as mine definitely isn't, thanks for reply
    Vacuum gauge is a boost gauge = same thing.

There's an option in one of the menus to change the units to psi from kpa or whatever its showing right now though.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Yeah that's what I thought too, altho on my app vacuum ain't same , one half of the Dial is vacuum and other half is boost so I've found boost but can't get it on its own, when pedal hardly down vacuum goes up then when floor it boost goes up on same Dial but to the left, it's wierd. Also something must be snapped on my obd port as the device won't stay in, tried 2 devices and non stay in they really lose, plus it makes my skid icon stay on so stopped using it. 0-60 ******** too maybe will try a different app, device not snug is annoying tho

VXR enough

There nothing wrong with that - positive just means the turbo is pushing air into the engine, negative just means its sucking air/turbo isn't spinning.

But I think if you long press on the display you can set a min value...so if you set it to 0 the whole gauge will give you boost and not show vaccum/negative values.

Its useful to see negative though as it shows your car isn't munching fuel.

The adapter should fit in snuggly into the OBD port but it is a tight fit - assume you're not being overly gentle?

I also hope you didn't pay 25 quid for the adapter like in the link! All these things are made in the same factory in china so you can pick the same thing up on ebay for under a fiver usually. As its chinese its possible you might have a duff unit...
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

As its already been stated, when you out your foot down it will change from saying vacuum to PSI.

I tried to do a BHP run on the way to work but got stuck in traffic all the way.

Yeah seems ok just can't keep the thing in keeps falling out, I've applied pressure put pressing any more I fear will damage port, it's in right place because it comes on so definitely aligned right just doesn't go in any further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast